AJ vs Whyte on Sky
I'm hearing all this stuff in other websites, and a few comments here, about AJ's weaknesses. Like he was wobbled in the 2nd, no head movement, easy to hit, doesn't move well, no stamna. I guess I see it differently. I think he stays in the pocket, throws a very strong jab that had Whyte moving his head back when hit, takes a punch well, and was strong going into the 7th with a tremendous KO.

Now, bring on a top ten guy.
(12-13-2015, 10:18 PM)diehard Wrote: I'm hearing all this stuff in other websites, and a few comments here, about AJ's weaknesses.  Like he was wobbled in the 2nd, no head movement, easy to hit, doesn't move well, no stamna.  I guess I see it differently.  I think he stays in the pocket, throws a very strong jab that had Whyte moving his head back when hit, takes a punch well, and was strong going into the 7th with a tremendous KO.

Now, bring on a top ten guy.

Chisora next for sure to defend British and Commonwealth. Then Teper (if he beats Helenius) for the Euro. Then Haye (for the $$$$$$). 
Then whatever organization gives him the easiest shot early 2017, but if Fury was still around, that would be a very big money fight.
I saw him wobble, but he wobbled Whyte several times before brutally KOing him, and was only wobbled once. 

JP and Joshua will deliberately avoid each other for awhile yet, especially from Joshuas side - there's just too much money to be made, with much less risk.
Duco can't compete with a sold-out Wembley and massive British ppv's
Here's an interesting analysis on the fight, though I think he's being a bit harsh on Joshua. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedgeQwbkyg

Generally, I agree that Joshua's chin is definitely suspect - it was the first hit he's taken in his career from anybody and he was easily wobbled, and that body shot took the air right out of him. He was basically staggering to his chair at the end of rd 2.

What I don't think Boxing Gossip has taken into account however, in terms of his criticism on Joshua's stamina is that both guys had taken big hits to sap the strength out of both of them. So credit where credit is due, Joshua was able to do enough damage to Whyte before being staggered himself which limited the time that Whyte was able to keep the pressure on. Joshua then was able to get himself back into the match by outboxing Whyte, and essentially outlasting him.

Strangely, I guess you could say this fight proved that Joshua does and doesn't have a chin at the same time.
Good analysis of the analysis, Yanni.

Now Gothe. Think of Duco as an employer, and Parker as an employee. If the British want to hire Parker to go fight at the Wembley or O2, they are gonna want a piece of the action. A big piece. Or else their employee won't go work there. Look for Duco to start co-promoting events in the US and UK after the NZ fight in CC.
Saw the fight again.  I don't think AJ got wobbled badly in the 2nd.  I think Whyte caught him flush, and he backed up, Whyte teed off for a few punches, and then AJ fought back.  But I never saw AJ in trouble.  In saying that, that was Whyte's best flurry, and he won his only round.

Here's the full fight.  Look at the second round, and tell me what you think:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3QqaDIgQhw&feature=youtu.be
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/75054707/savory-no-concerns-for-joseph-parker-as-sluggish-rival-anthony-joshua-lacks-zip
Joshua did do well to recover, but that in part was due to the fact Whyte tired soon after. Those arms of Joshua's may pack some power but as the fight wore on they got lower and lower resulting in too many clean hits to his head. Was it the body shots that he was protecting against or was it because he was lacking in stamina?

Boxing Gossip channel did raise some valid points, but as we have seen with Parker, the difference between this fight and Joshua's next will see where he is really at. It'll be interesting to see it they want him moved up to a higher ranked opponent or sideways for more work before a step-up. I'd suggest they would do the latter. This was a wake up call, against a future journeyman (Whyte).
Mippy, good article. Honestly though. Does anyone think that AJ is slower than Klit was in his prime. Or his jab not as good as Klit's? To me, the main issue is that Klit stopped getting hit flush after he got together with Manny. Whereas AJ WAS getting hit with a few power shots by Whyte. And Parker is a lot faster with at least as much power as Whyte.

Both are still improving, and I see both of them (and maybe Izu too) wiping out the heavyweight divisiion, bar Wilder.
AJ's assessment of the fight. Said he got hurt in the 2nd.

http://nr.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=3&articleid=53863549&source=facebook
Great site you got going here guys, glad to have found it. Smile Was getting sick of the mindless critical banter on Stuffs comment section.

I have to agree with diehard in that people seem overly critical of AJ, especially here in NZ. I suppose its natural when we have such a promising prospect of our own. I must admit that in spite of being a huge fan of both AJ and JP, i too seem to find flaws in AJs game that upon second look arent really there. Found myself cheering Whyte in Round 2, thinking he had Joshua in trouble, but upon 2nd watch, he took it well. The body punch late in round 2 definitely slowed him down in round 3, but he came back and took control well after that.

It will be interesting to see how hard AJs camp work him in 2016, having been just as busy as Parker in 14/15.

Do you guys think they will focus on just 3 quality fights but work on positioning him as a mandatory, or keep working on his development against lesser competition? And in saying that, if they choose the later, is that indicative that there were weaknesses exposed against Whyte that still need working on?
Are Parker and Joshua effectively focusing on the same titles being IBF and WBO?

AJ and JP fights ild like to see next year.

Parker v Ustinov Parker v Lucas Browne
Joshua v Chisora Joshua v Haye

Followed by a couple of Parker fights in the UK toward the end of the year.

Exciting time to be a HW boxing fan, after years of the dull drums, could it again be as glorious as the mid 90s.