WBO International light heavyweight title
Middleweight Shane Mosley Jr 10 1 0 S David Toussaint 10 0 0

Super Lightweight Jonel Dapidran 8 1 0 S Brent Dames 5 3 0

Featherweight Michael Conlan 2 0 0 S Jarrett Owen 5 4 3

Super Bantamweight Brock Jarvis 9 0 0 S Rasmanudin 20 19 3
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/pacquiao-horn-quotes-for-saturday/77625
Bradley: Horn has the power to do something great
By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

Former multi world champion Timothy Bradley who is in Australia and will be at ringside for the WBO welterweight championship title bout between champion Manny Pacquiao and challenger Jeff Horn on Saturday ( Sunday in Australia) to call the fight on ESPN at the Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane with expected attendance of 55,000+ with viewing audience on ESPN of over ten million in the USA. Bradley talked to Grantlee Kieza of the Courier Mail at a VIP luncheon at the Brisbane convention centre Friday

“My advice is for Jeff Horn is to be cautious,” said Bradley, who will call the fight on the American TV network ESPN.

“Manny Pacquiao is still overwhelmingly fast. He’s 38 and not the fighter he once was, but he’s still a phenomenal fighter. He’s a legend for a reason. Don’t underestimate his speed and power because he is still lightning fast and his footwork is incredible.

“Jeff Horn must not be naive or feel invincible. If you try to rush Manny he will set you up and hit you with that big left hand. He still has the speed, reflexes, power and experience. But Jeff should be confident because he’s a strong kid with the power to do something great.”
(01-11-2017, 08:09 PM)NakiFan Wrote: What if....
https://www.ringtv.com/504082-commentary-pacquiao-horn-compucroc/
Arum Rips Roach, Pacquiao Corner For Dropping The Ball

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is very upset with the way Manny Pacquiao's corner was handled on Saturday night, when the Filipino superstar suffered a shocking twelve round decision loss to Jeff Horn, who in the process captured the WBO welterweight title.
The contest took place before a huge crowd of over 51,000 at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Australia.
The three judges were in agreement, scoring the contest 115-113, 115-113 and 117-111 for Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs), who was a massive underdog going into the fight.

After the contest, Pacquiao complained that Horn was fighting very dirty - by using his head, elbows, and pushing down on his neck throughout the entire contest. Pacquiao suffered two bad cuts from accident head clashes.
In the opinion of Arum, Pacquiao's corner was in chaos during the contest and he says they were way too overconfident coming in.
The veteran promoter believes the entire corner dropped the ball in what was a very winnable fight for the eight division world champion. And Arum says the entire corner should be on point here - including head trainer Freddie Roach, assistant trainer Buboy Fernandez, conditioning coach Justin Fortune and cut man Miguel Diaz.
“What the hell is wrong with that corner? Why wasn’t Freddie Roach out in the ring between rounds yelling at the referee? It’s his job, and there’s confusion in the corner with the languages, with Buboy and Miguel Diaz yelling and screaming like a maniac,” said Arum to The Los Angeles Times.
“And Freddie has to stay close to Manny to give him some advice … to me, they were so overconfident going in — Justin Fortune tells the press that the only way Horn can win is if Manny trips going into the ring. I had seen the kid. I told everybody he was a big, tough kid who could take a punch. I didn’t think he’d beat Manny, but it wasn’t the same Manny.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/debunking-the-biggest-myth-of-jeff-horns-win-over-manny-pacquiao/news-story/88c6120ac4cf160ff43f73031428a513?
Arum: Pacquiao Was Overconfident, His Corner Said Stupid Things!

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum felt Manny Pacquiao was overconfident when he entered the ring last Saturday night against Jeff Horn at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Australia.
Horn, a 2012 Australian Olympian, pulled off a shocking upset with a twelve round unanimous decision over Pacquiao to capture the WBO welterweight championship - before a crowd of over 50,000 fans at the venue.
The judges scored it 115-113, 115-113 and 117-111 - with all three backing Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs).

Pacquiao admitted afterwards that he didn't realize how tough Horn was.
Arum was angered by some of the pre-fight comments that were being made by Pacquiao's handlers - who were calling Horn a "tuneup" opponent and gave him zero chance of winning.  
Arum had warned them over and over that Horn was not a walkover opponent.
"As what happens when you go in overconfident and you know you have the morons in his corner saying that the only way Horn could win the fight is Manny trips his way to the ring. What kind of sh*t is that? I mean I saw the kid fight in New Zealand. I knew he was a competent fighter. I knew it would be a tough fight," Arum said to News To Go.
Pacquiao intends to exercise a rematch clause. Arum is not going to force the issue on him.
"If Manny wants a rematch, I would do it. But I am not advocating a rematch. That's up to Manny," Arum said.
There were many observers who felt the outcome was controversial, with Pacquiao being robbed of a win.
Arum disagrees with the public outcry. He felt the contest was very close and far from a robbery.
"It was a close fight. It could have gone either way. A couple of close rounds, but you can't argue with the result," Arum said.
"I scored a lot of the early rounds for Jeff. Then I had Manny coming back in the middle. The 12th round, Jeff really won. If you give Manny the 11th, you have it a draw. You give Jeff the 11th, it's 7-5."

Arum: Pacquiao Was Overconfident, His Corner Said Stupid Things! Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum felt Manny Pacquiao was overconfident when he entered the ring last Saturday night against Jeff Horn at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Australia. Horn, a 2012 Australian Olympian, pulled off a shocking upset with a twelve round unanimous decision over Pacquiao to capture the WBO welterweight championship - before a crowd of over 50,000 fans at the venue. The judges scored it 115-113, 115-113 and 117-111 - with all three backing Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs). Pacquiao admitted afterwards that he didn't realize how tough Horn was. Arum was angered by some of the pre-fight comments that were being made by Pacquiao's handlers - who were calling Horn a "tuneup" opponent and gave him zero chance of winning.   Arum had warned them over and over that Horn was not a walkover opponent. "As what happens when you go in overconfident and you know you have the morons in his corner saying that the only way Horn could win the fight is Manny trips his way to the ring. What kind of sh*t is that? I mean I saw the kid fight in New Zealand. I knew he was a competent fighter. I knew it would be a tough fight," Arum said to News To Go. Pacquiao intends to exercise a rematch clause. Arum is not going to force the issue on him. "If Manny wants a rematch, I would do it. But I am not advocating a rematch. That's up to Manny," Arum said. There were many observers who felt the outcome was controversial, with Pacquiao being robbed of a win. Arum disagrees with the public outcry. He felt the contest was very close and far from a robbery. "It was a close fight. It could have gone either way. A couple of close rounds, but you can't argue with the result," Arum said. "I scored a lot of the early rounds for Jeff. Then I had Manny coming back in the middle. The 12th round, Jeff really won. If you give Manny the 11th, you have it a draw. You give Jeff the 11th, it's 7-5."
http://www.espn.com.au/boxing/story/_/id/19841623/manny-pacquiao-no-longer-dominant-fighter-prime
POSTED ON JULY 8, 2017
Horn promoter rips “biased” Atlas
By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

Dean Lonergan who co-promoted the WBO welterweight title bout when Jeff Horn caused a major upset victory over Manny Pacquiao last weekend at Suncorp Stadium Brisbane with over 51,000 fans in attendance was critical of ESPN broadcaster Teddy Atlas, who refused to accept the decision and called the sport “corrupt.” Lonergan stated that Atlas was in the tank for Pacquiao.

“A big reason the American people are questioning the result of the fight is that Teddy Atlas was simply biased in his commentary,” Lonergan told the Daily Telegraph newspaper.

“If Manny decides he wants the rematch, and ESPN is the broadcaster, I will do everything in my power to make sure Teddy Atlas is banned from the commentary team. And if that doesn’t work, I will lobby the Immigration Minister Peter Dutton not to allow Teddy Atlas through our border.”

On the other hand, Lonergan praised Atlas’ broadcast partner Timothy Bradley.

“Even though he thought Manny got the decision, Bradley was balanced in his views and intelligent in his phrasing, and admitted that Horn did what no other fighter could do including Bradley himself, which was to back Manny up.”