Super 8
I agree with you about Langton Die, he looked overtrained to me. He did say that he burned out a couple of weeks before the fight. Once you peak out you can't just Take a rest and go back to the top of the bell curve.
Berridge put in all this work To develop footwork and boxing skill and came back worse .
He was better off when he used to go forward and slug , against this level of opposition anyway.
He was in a bit of denial afterwards saying that it was just a bit of fun and that he would win over more rounds, but he didnt look good last night, not sure where he goes to from here

Adesenya has the speed to go places. Hemi looked really raw, lots of work needed there.

The officiating was WWE Standard , bit of a disgrace really
Found out that Langton was really sick, not just burned out and over-trained two weeks out. Just pushed it too far. He looked drained, no emotion, flat, and frustrated during the fight. He normally walks around at 100kg, so to lose the weight for the 90KG cruiser limit just added to his misery.

If/when they fight again in Hawera next month, you'll see a different Langton.
Not a good look making excuses for him die. He gloved up and got in the ring.
Not excuses Nigs.  Explanations.  He got it wrong.  His job to change it in the rematch in Hawera.  As my late great grandpappy told me once, "son what could you have done differently" whenever I made a mistake?  Sounld advice.
Lance Bryant fancies challenging Monty Betham for national cruiserweight belt
Pahiatua boxer Lance Bryant fancies a shot at Monty Betham in the not-too-distant future.

Bryant, who has just turned 35, would be up against someone of similar age, 37-year-old Betham, if the fight got off the ground.

They were on the same bill at the televised Super 8 Fight Night in Auckland on Tuesday, Bryant losing again to fleet-footed Nigerian Israel Adesanya and Betham beating 42-year-old Taranaki dairy farmer James Langton.

That gave Betham the national cruiserweight title and Bryant, who was also fighting in the cruiserweight division, didn't feel either man was that special.

"I won't be finishing," said Bryant. "I have a 3-to-4-year plan."

He stresses he hasn't returned to professional boxing for the money.

"If I stayed at work I would make just as much money," he said. "I want to keep boxing for as long as I can."

He is a shepherd on Tim Hewitt's 650 hectare sheep-and-beef farm five minutes south of Pahiatua. Bryant's is a very rural boxing campaign; one of his sponsors was Tararua Shearing and he was virtually the only fighter on the night who wasn't inked.

"I don't think I need tattoos," he said.

There was sledging between Bryant and kick-boxer Adesanya, who was having his fifth fight in four days. In the third round the showboat 25-year-old Nigerian poked out his tongue at Bryant.

"He's not a Maori so I don't know why he was doing the pukana."

Bryant got inside for a few body shots, but Adesanya's height, reach and speed meant he could jab, open up a cut on Bryant's head and jump away to win all three rounds. He dropped Bryant at the end with a liver shot, but the knockdown didn't count because it was on the bell.

"He didn't show any sign of fatigue," Bryant said. "He caught me because I ran out of steam.

"He needs to go overseas. He has cleaned everyone up here. He's a talented athlete and you can't sit there and let him dictate."

Bryant was moved by Adesanya's words of respect about him after the fight.

Bryant felt he got closer to Adesanya than in their previous bout in Christchurch because he had prepared better. Bryant isn't sure he needs to fight him again.

"When I think about it I hit him more times than anybody in his last three fights in New Zealand.

"You've got to pick your fights. I'd need to have 10 fights in between."

Bryant trains with Palmerston North's Billy Meehan and with John Kamo in Masterton. Kamo was in Bryant's corner on Tuesday as was brother and former Manawatu rugby player Frankie and Jake Tipene.

Bryant, who got as far as Wairarapa-Bush B, played 100 games of rugby together for Bush; Tipene was the hooker and Bryant at loosehead prop.

He pointed out his career hasn't been all boxing. After his amateur exploits, he took time off to play rugby and has had to adjust back to the fight game.

In his first fight on Tuesday he beat the taller, more muscular Gold Coast-based Kiwi Jamie Porter on unanimous points after Bryant knocked him down in round 1 with a hook and a body shot. Then he throttled back for his second fight.

In a four-round slugfest, Cronulla Sharks skipper Paul Gallen beat Warriors forward Bodene Thompson in a unanimous points decision.

- Stuff