Klitschko V Fury
It was before he fought Mike. He was saying then he thought the fight was a go. Hugely accommodating bloke
OK, so we cleared that up. Thanks Sham. I see Klit KO'ing Fury in a rematch, and then declining a rubber match as he retires. That throws the heavyweight division up for grabs, like it was before he took over in 2006. I like the fact that anyone can win the title, only to give it up to the next hungry bloke. Good times ahead.
Fury was afraid of being drugged in Germany

By James Slater

Today at The Bolton Wanderers Football ground, newly crowned heavyweight king Tyson Fury, with his team, addressed the media. Still sporting slightly bruised eyelids, 27-year-old Fury was admittedly and understandably tired, yet he took time to speak and then answer questions from the floor.

With all four of his newly won belts on display on the table in front of him and introduced by Asif Vali, to rapturous applause, Tyson spoke to the packed room:

“What can I say? Thanks everyone for turning up. I’m not surprised, I’m not overwhelmed. I always said it; we always said it (pointing to his team, consisting of his uncle/head trainer Peter and his father and former pro John). I’ve been telling for as long as I can remember I’d beat Wladimir Klitschko. He didn’t want to fight me but he was forced into it when I became the mandatory with two organisations. You saw a master class performance against the best fighter on the planet. No-one had come close to beating him. For me to go over there and bust him, like I did – because his face was chopped to bits – let’s you know the talent you are messing with. If anyone wants to discredit my performance, it’s just pure jealousy and you heard that from me first.”

Peter Fury then spoke:

“What else can be said about it? [Klitschko] had had eleven years at the top, everyone thought he would continue and retire without being beaten. Nobody gave Tyson a chance apart from his own people. Just goes to show how all these so-called experts can get it so, so wrong. Even today, I’ve read how some have said it was a dull fight. The thing is, Wladimir is a great champion and when you get two elite fighters, they can negate each other. Tyson is an excellent defensive fighter, he’s learnt his craft very well, and so is Klitschko. So for Tyson to beat him to the jab, to win this fight conclusively over 12 rounds, Tyson has made a statement for anyone with a pair of eyes to see. This is the greatest win in heavyweight boxing since Muhammad Ali beat Sonny Liston in ’64. He [Ali] said after, that he’d shook up the world, and that’s exactly what he [Tyson] did. People need to get used to it, because he will continue to do it. Tyson plays around with your heads, all of you. He’s not going anywhere. He will cement his legacy in boxing. He’s super-talented and he loves to fight.”

John Fury then went on quite a rant!:

“In the future, no-one else is gonna get a look in. The man with no name (David Haye) this character of ‘The Wizard of Oz,’ he’s the character looking for some guts. He jas a lot in common with that film does Haye, he’s the same colour as the road. Let’s not talk about David Haye today, not in the presence of a man! You could give him [Haye] a bayonet in one hand and a shotgun in the other and he’d never beat Tyson. You’ve only seen 60-percent of this man. Jack Johnson followed Tommy Burns all over the planet to get a fight, and we did the dame thing, we cornered him in his backyard and humiliated him. Get on board now, start backing Tyson. You’ll never get another man to do you as proud as Tyson Fury. Get up now and bow!”

Questions were then thrown from the floor:

Do you think you may be allowed a voluntary before a rematch with Klitschko?

“To be honest, I’m not really bothered. Be it a mandatory, a voluntary, whatever. I’m not really thinking about boxing right now. I’m focusing on what I’ve done. It’s not really sunk in yet. It’ll take me a week to come round because my feet have hardly touched the floor yet. I’ve hardly come down.”

You commented after the first round about the strength [of Klitschko] about how you were stronger. Were you surprised by that?

“To be honest, I expected him to be strong. You all heard about Doctor Steelhammer, about how hard he punches, how strong he is, you know……..he caught me flush on the button with a straight right hand; I never felt it. He caught me in the temple, I didn’t feel it at the time, but I’ve been feeling it for two days after (smiles) I’ve been taking pain killers, my head has been going, ‘bang, bang, bang.’ But he was just a normal man with boxing gloves on.”

How will you deal with the fame now? You’ve said some things on certain subjects in the past that have ruffled some feathers to say the least. How will this change you?

“It’s not gonna change me. I am what I am. Money, fame and glory doesn’t change a man unless he wants them to. And that’s a weak person in my opinion. So I’ve won four belts. I’m still a boxer as I was before. I don’t feel any different today than I did yesterday or the day before.”

But will you take more time to think about what you say in certain subjects?

“If people don’t like it, change the channel. That’s all I’ve got to say. Listen, I will be dictated to my nobody. I’m the man and if anyone can come and prove me wrong, their chance is inside a boxing ring. You don’t like it, change the station. You don’t like it, don’t take photos. You don’t like it, don’t print it in your newspapers (becoming angry). Do I care, not really!”

Were you at all nervous when you were waiting for the verdict? Did you think they might try to rob you?

“No, I knew they couldn’t rob me, it was too wide. I didn’t give him many rounds. I thought I outboxed him nearly all the rounds. He even had the referee on his side. He head-butted me all night, he held me, pushing me down – when did we see the referee tell him, ‘one more time for the holding.’ He didn’t say that. I hit him twice on the back of the head, yeah, and he took a point off me and it could have been crucial. But I knew I was too far ahead. If you’re not landing punches you’re not in the fight.”

You said in the post-fight dressing room how you didn’t want to drink any water. Can you allude on that?

“I can. After the fight, I had it from good sources not to touch anything in the changing room because they might try to drug me. People were trying to pass me all sorts of things, but unless it came from my own baggage, I wasn’t having it. I went home dehydrated because I was so frightened of being drugged and being tested and failing the drugs test. You can never be too careful.”

Fury added how “they,” meaning of course Team Klitschko, “are cheats.”
Hmmm. Well, it is good that he is not a "dull" talker!

The division being opened up is great for boxing and great for Jo Parker too.

Bring it on.
I shall bask in the Glory of being the only person on this whole Forum who picked the great Tyson Fury to win : )

Great Fight from Tyson he executed his gameplan perfectly his movement was phenomenal I mean for a guy that size to move the way he did is outstanding the head movement the way he would bend his body when he was on the inside. His style and the way he fought took everything away from Klitschko he confused the hell out of him in there and all credit to him. To have the confidence to mouth off to Klit all through the fight and put his hands behind his back multiple times throughout the fight made the Win even more impressive. The guy is a world class fighter and a world class Entertainer!