Warriors
If they're not drinking, I don't have a problem with it, and apparently they didn't drink. Might even be good for morale. Could go either way on Manu watching a movie - a lot of players don't like watching if they're not involved, and I'm sure he's going to see a lot of video over the next week. 100 points in 2 weeks sucks pretty bad though..
Gothe, I guess the issue for me is that Manu is hanging around Hurrell, and his laziness is getting worse, not better. So I have to question what sort of influence Manu has on him. He could set an example as a senior player in getting some of those kids mentally tough, training and dieting hard.

But all in all, not a good look for a team that's lost 7 on the trot.
conman hurrell might find himself a new team 2016
You want him for the Doggies, Fai? You'll have to supply him with a rapper, a car in a parking lot with a soap opera star in the passenger seat, and a companion to share it with (maybe Josh Reynolds?).
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/71716360/warriors-coach-andrew-mcfadden-blasts-players-who-partied-before-tigers-clash
Looks like Mannering will be standing down as captain which I think is brilliant news. He is a great player but he's not the right person to be captain he never says anything!! The warriors need a captain with a VOICE.
I think he'll carry on. I don't have a problem with him, but if he leads by example, no one is following. He needs a vice captain, say a Ryan Hoffman, to speak the truth to the players when they screw up or when they are waiting for a kick after an opposing try. Cameron Smith is excellent at pointing out where the Storm go wrong. AND, the senior group for the Warriors need to stand up. I think the major problem is Manu. Get him the right attitude, and his influence on the rest of team, especially the young kids, is magic.

But you might be right, boxingfan. This is the second time it's happened to Mannering and the Warriors, the eight game losing streak at the end of the year, and it may be time to make a change.
Not too sure having a hard ass captain is the go....mannering leads by example, that is leadership in itself. Steve price was not liked as a captain for the Warriors by some players because of that fact and that is one of the reasons mannering was given captaincy over price. I agree about the high fives following errors is not the go either. But if u can't draw inspiration from a leader that gives his all week in and week out, plays with bad viruses and a broken hand without moaning then u shouldn't be in the team. I believe that is why Hoffman was brought in aswell...
Mannering seems to go alright as the Kiwis Captain. The forwards haven't had a bad season. Mannering, Matilino, Hoffman and Lilyman and Thompson have had good seasons.

It's the defence and inexperience of the backs that has let the team down.
(09-03-2015, 06:34 PM)diehard Wrote: You want him for the Doggies, Fai?  You'll have to supply him with a rapper, a car in a parking lot with a soap opera star in the passenger seat, and a companion to share it with (maybe Josh Reynolds?).

die no thanks we don't want lazy players..