Izu Ugonoh
That rings a bell with me too Nigs, building records is for the paper look really but I don't think they're meaningful fights..some of it to bs the Nz paying gullible public. Izu fights below his strengths and in reality we don't know how good he is, and I'm thinking we are getting set up with a huge disappointment with Parker too unless they start getting real opponents.
The opposite, Nigs. Izu's opponents have gotten worse! Quarrie and that African fellow. KB thought the African guy had a belt and was a worthy opponent. Not so. I agree with Sham. We just don't know if he's any good or not. In a way, he's similar to Parker and AJ, but at another level of competition. AJ and Parker are untested at the top 20 level, but both seem to have the goods.

The good news is that KB sees the problem, and plans to have Izu step up. Stu Duncan is looking to match him well.
Aj and JP should punch it out
might burst the bubble
that will cut the cash cow in half. I wonder how Izu feels about this? he must feel like the little brother or the poor cousin.
I think that Izu is feeling good that Lonergan went to Poland, and is looking to fight him in Europe. It's finally his turn. Be interesting to see where Parker fits into this.

Get real, Sham. Parker vs AJ? Too soon for both of them.
You need to stop consistently comparing them die, the comment was made with you in mind.

Of course I understand they'll only get together when the stakes are high.

As good as Jo is I just don't see him competing against AJ, to my eyes AJ has the Xfactor to get places where Jo will struggle. Time will tell, it always does. Peace..
I think they are apples and oranges, Sham. But what they have in common is that they are both young, have speed and power, are seen by the big muckety mucks as competing for the title one day, neither has faced a top 20 opponent but are incredibly hyped, both have been to Klit's training camp, and both are ranked in the top ten, AJ inside the top 5.

Both are something special. I think the issue you have, Sham, is that you criticise Parker for his top ten ranking, his hype, and that he's fought no one in the top 20. When I say the same about AJ, you get upset.
The only X-Factor I see with AJ is that he is the darling boy of the the British public crying out for someone to cheers on in the heavyweight ranks. Apart from Lewis, all the contenders have been pretenders.
(11-16-2015, 06:26 PM)NakiFan Wrote: The only X-Factor I see with AJ is that he is the darling boy of the the British public crying out for someone to cheers on in the heavyweight ranks. Apart from Lewis, all the contenders have been pretenders.

AJ looks very focused, confident, quick and powerful to me. I would have thought that's what "x-factor" is. 
I'm a big Team Parker fan, but it's not gonna hurt the heavyweight division to have a few young, hungry boxers at the same time. I look forward to it all.
Especially when Klit retires - I still think he's got the skills to beat any of them
Not so die sorry, I have a coaches eye (my own judgement) of what defines someone's attributes as a contender and a pretender, while I don't rate JP as a pretender I can see something in AJ missing in Jo. Others may see it also, you don't obviously. Doesn't mean I know more than you, not at all, but I make decisions on what I see. Not upset, just challenging your position of belief in your educated studied convictions.