GGG vs Lemieux
Lemieux, manager say stoppage was premature

Former IBF middleweight champion David Lemieux is upset by the stoppage of his unification showdown with Gennady Golovkin and he wants a rematch.

“I feel like the referee called the fight too early,” said Lemieux. “I’m fine. When he stopped it, I wasn’t event on the mat, I could keep going. I have a lot of respect for Golovkin as a fighter. We prepared well for this fight, but I feel like I waited too long to take some shots tonight and that really hurt me. I want another chance at Golovkin and I will take advantage of it.”

Lemieux’s manager Camille Estephan added, “It was too early to stop the fight. That punch that Golovkin threw didn’t even bring David to the mat. David fought valiantly, he showed a lot of heart and skills. But Golovkin’s defense was great, I think that his defense is underestimated.”

“I had to do something,” explained referee George Willis. “David is a very competitive fighter and as long as he was able to throw punches, he was going to keep on trying but his chances of winning were decreasing as the fight went on. Against a guy like that he was going to get really hurt and I’m here to protect the fighter’s health and that’s my top priority. I couldn’t let him continue to receive punishment. I gave him every chance I could and I still hesitated too much. It was over.”
I saw nothing wrong with the stoppage, guy had zero chance of winning it at that point and was getting beat down..... time to build up his ranking back up and earn another mandatory. If he bounces back and puts on some devasting performances I can definately see a rematch down the track.
I agree. Lemieux could have continued, he wasn't hurt or on wobbly legs, but for what? He did have zero chance of winning the fight. True, he has heavy hands, and could have connected, but GGG was walking right through him.

How about GGG and Andre Ward?
Looks like he fights the Alvarez vs Cotto winner to unify the middleweight division.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/gonzalez-golovkin-endowed-with-power-and-artistry/48496#more-48496