Kiwis fighting abroad
(06-26-2015, 04:20 PM)Daneo Wrote: My fight's up in the air boys... opponent not on schedule to make the weight.

Thats not a good feeling ah Daneo, let down...
Couple of changes/additions:

Friday 24 July
Filipo Fonoti Masoe (3-8) v Solomon Haumono (21-2-2) in NSW

Saturday 25 July
Daniel Roy Maxwell (5-28-2) v Kolby Johnston (5-0) in QLD

Saturday 8 August
James Porter (7-2) v Kurtis Pegoraro (2-2) in QLD - State Title

Friday 14 August
Rob Manual (0-3) v Jai Opetaia (debuting on Aug 1) in VIC

Wednesday 19 August
Hemi Ahio (6-0) v Andre Meunier (9-1) in VIC

Friday 21 August
Clarence Tillman (11-22-2) v Justin Whitehead (5-0) in VIC

Saturday 12 December
James Porter (7-2) v TBA in QLD
Haumono's still fighting?
I wonder if that is Solomon Haumono's tune up before his big pay day against Parker?
I was literally writing that same thing as you posted it Justafan!
probably right.....
(07-12-2015, 12:11 AM)tm7 Wrote: I was literally writing that same thing as you posted it Justafan!

Whats that saying about two dumb blokes think alike...
(07-12-2015, 11:03 PM)justafan Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 12:11 AM)tm7 Wrote: I was literally writing that same thing as you posted it Justafan!

Whats that saying about two dumb blokes think alike...

Not a clue...
From Facebook
Super 8
5 hrs ·
Introducing Andrei 'The Giant ' Meunier, 6'3, 110 kegs bulldozing at his heavyweight opponent Hemi 'The Heat' Ahio. See it live on the Danny Green card, Aug 19th at Hisense Arena in Melbourne. Andrei has a kickboxing record of 30-9 and his boxing record stands at 9-1. This will be a ripper of a scrap!!
NZ heavyweight picked for Danny Green undercard

VS LIVE July 14, 2015, 9:53 am

Thrilling kiwi heavyweight, Hemi Ahio, has been hand picked by Danny Green to fight on the undercard of the four-time world champion’s, comeback bout in Melbourne on August 19.

The 24-year-old power puncher, who fights with a style and ferocity reminiscent of Mike Tyson, faces former world kickboxing champion and K1 fighter Andre, "the Giant" Meunier.

The 6-foot-3, 110 kilo Meunier has had 40 kickboxing bouts with 31 wins and 21 KOs, in addition to his 9 win 1 loss boxing record and is a significant step up in class for Ahio, who is undefeated after six fights.

Green, who is also promoting the event, which will be screened live on Main Event in Australia and SKY ARENA in New Zealand, has seen Ahio fight twice now and believes he can go all the way in heavyweight boxing.

"I'm wrapped Hemi is fighting on my show, the guy is super exciting to watch with phenomenal hand speed and raw power, but he is up against a genuine hard man in Andre, so will need to be at his best."

Ahio's trainer, Lollo Heimuli, is predicting a dynamic performance after two recent bouts were hampered by injury.

"Hemi was only training and fighting at 60%, but we've had the doctor’s clearance and are now training at full steam.

"Andre is a rugged, experienced opponent so we must be at our sharpest."

Sports promotion and management company, VS Live, is managing Ahio's boxing career and Director, John McRae, is pleased Ahio's potential has been recognised.

"We signed Hemi after being lobbied by Mark Hunt who called him one of the hardest punchers he's ever been hit by after their torrid sparring sessions.

"Danny Green was also impressed, and this is a superb introduction for him on the Australian stage.

"In just his 7th professional bout, no amateur background and less than two years training behind him, it's important we develop him steadily with progressively tougher fights where he will learn his craft on the job.

"Andre is his toughest opponent to date and the opportunity to showcase his skills on the Main Event platform in Australia is massive for Hemi."

Name: Hemi Ahio

Fight Name: "The Heat"

Nationality: New Zealander

Division: Heavyweight

Height: 1.83 m

Boxing Record: 6 Bouts, 6 Wins, 4 KO’S
[vs]

Name: Andre Meunier

Fight Name: "The Giant"

Nationality: Australian

Division: Heavyweight

Height: 1.92 m

Boxing Record: 10 bouts, 9 wins 4 Kos, 1 loss.

Kickboxing Records: 40 bouts, 31 wins, 21 KO’s 9 losses

EVENT DETAILS

Event: Return of the Green Machine - Green vs Kovacs

Main Event: Danny Green vs Tamas Kovacs

Date: Wednesday, 19 August, 2015

Broadcaster: Main Event (AUSTRALIA) / Sky Arena (NZ)