Kiwis fighting abroad
Bad night in Queensland for kiwi boxers, Asher Derbyshire and Nick Hikuroa both stopped and Ben Kelleher held to a draw.
The butcher fighting the guy who just beat Sam Rapira, 3 kiwis on the bill. http://boxrec.com/show/745433
more on Ford v Berridge
http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2017/03/13/news/undefeated-ryan-ford-to-fight-the-experienced-robert-berridge
The problem Sam had was not being able to hurt Ford even though he landed often enough. Robbie is a much bigger puncher, and I give him a good chance to win this one, albeit as an underdog.
ABA Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand view event
Heavyweight Daniel Tai 22 9 4 S Junior Fa 10 0 0

vacant New Zealand Professional Boxing Association (NZPBA) heavyweight title
Super Middleweight Mose Auimatagi Jnr 6 1 2 S Adrian Taihia 15 3 2

Super Welterweight Shay Brock 9 0 0 S Blake Bell 2 4 0

Cruiserweight Ratu Sailosi Dawai 2 4 0 S Jordan Tuigamala 3 0 0

Featherweight Monica Tai debut S Wendy Talbot 0 2 0
For old time's sake:

Friday 17 March
Colin Wilson (35-30-1) v Ben Sosoli (1-1) in VIC (8-man tournament)

Saturday 8 April
Ben Nelson (2-2) v Tim Tszyu (2-0) in NSW

Saturday 27 May
Robert Berridge (29-6-1) v Ryan Ford (11-0) in Singapore (UBO World title)
Cairo George (12-0) v TBA same card (IBO Asia Pacific title)
Benjamin Kelleher (3-0-1) v Komgrit Nanakorn (17-25) same card

Julius Long (18-20) v TBA in NT (interim WBO Oceania title)
Willie Nasio (10-2) v Demsey McKean (9-0) same card (Australian title)
Conrad Lam (3-0) v Mick King (4-4) same card
Clarence Tillman (11-27-2) v Chris McClung (1-2) same card

What happened to Junior Fa's fight against Hunter Sam markk?
Sam Rapira
Yesterday at 6:53pm ·
Long post alert...

Ryan Ford VS Robert Berridge in Singapore in May. This is a great fight! I am the only person to fight both of these guys. They were actually my last 2 fights. So I think I'd have a good idea on how this one will play out.

In fighting both these guys, I am sure of it when I say that Berridge is a much bigger puncher. Ford is just a very big guy for the weight. Ford was huge to me (thick, not tall), and I am bigger than Berridge.

You are a puncher or you're not, and Berridge is a sure-fire puncher. Even though he will definately be the smaller guy, he has a lot more fire power than Ford.

People may assume Ford is the bigger puncher because he stopped me and Berridge didn't. But Berridge's power was exactly WHY I went the distance with him. Berridge's shots were very heavy. Even one's that didn't look like much. Ford had decent power, but I felt comfortable wearing them on the guard while I was still fresh. This would ultimately cost me the fight, as I got broken down. When I was fatiguing and not getting back to my guard quick enough, Ford was getting shots off. I never felt comfortable blocking Berridge's shots, even while I was fresh.

Where this fight gets interesting for me is because Berridge can be a slow starter. But once he's going though, his work rate gets better and better and better. He gets a lot of championship rounds stoppages. Ford on the other hand is a very fast starter, and keeps it consistent. But he is inexperienced in long fights. Before our fight, he'd only been 6 rounds twice. We watched them both and he gassed out on one of them! When we fought however, he had incredible stamina and recovery, especially for such a big guy, and it was still good in the late rounds. Berridge is much more experienced, against far better opposition. He has challenged for actual legit, recognised world titles, and many long fights against much better competition.

Ford was so big, that it was difficult to really hurt him with my trademark body shots. Coupled with his incredible work rate made him very dangerous. But being heavy don't protect ya chin. So it will be very interesting if Berridge lands on him. We are unsure how Ford takes a good shot as he has never really been tested in the boxing fights we've seen.

Berridge is much more experienced, but is coming off a TKO loss, and lost 3 of his last 5 fights. It could be a perfect time for Ford to challenge him. Berridge is the best opponent Ford will have faced. Now could possibly be the best time to have a go.

***WHO I RATE ADVANTAGE TOO***

POWER: Berridge
SKILLS: Very even. Both effective with mixing the power, tapping with decoy shots, followed up with power shots
EXPERIENCE: Berridge
SPEED: Ford
STAMINA: Ford (Ford starts stronger)

My pick for this fight is Berridge via late round TKO or decision. But it all comes down to what happens on the night. I had plans on how my fights would go with these guys, which was against what the bookies predicted. I was wrong. At the end of the day, it's like most fights... who wants it more?
(03-17-2017, 04:55 PM)tm7 Wrote: For old time's sake:

Friday 17 March
Colin Wilson (35-30-1) v Ben Sosoli (1-1) in VIC (8-man tournament)

Saturday 8 April
Ben Nelson (2-2) v Tim Tszyu (2-0) in NSW

Saturday 27 May
Robert Berridge (29-6-1) v Ryan Ford (11-0) in Singapore (UBO World title)
Cairo George (12-0) v TBA same card (IBO Asia Pacific title)
Benjamin Kelleher (3-0-1) v Komgrit Nanakorn (17-25) same card

Julius Long (18-20) v TBA in NT (interim WBO Oceania title)
Willie Nasio (10-2) v Demsey McKean (9-0) same card (Australian title)
Conrad Lam (3-0) v Mick King (4-4) same card
Clarence Tillman (11-27-2) v Chris McClung (1-2) same card

What happened to Junior Fa's fight against Hunter Sam markk?
was a fight that we never got asked about it just appeared on boxrec. i think it steems from agreeing to fight hunter on feb 6 in auckland but show got cancelled.  so we fought on wilder card
Nice card in Samoa http://boxrec.com/calendar
craig, not to be picky, but I couldn't find Samoa on the calendar.