Parker vs Flores
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/108451949/joseph-parker-and-kevin-barry-determined-to-prove-doubters-wrong
https://www.boxingscene.com/parkers-promoter-we-want-whyte-chisora-winner-not-usyk--133676?fbclid=IwAR2U0BAaWKgT9IG05DXZt9AOvtFJEgFK2_ICJaJKUrGJ3uxkWVzt87hKbSc
I think Parker is more likely to fight the loser of Whyte/Chisora as the winner will fight AJ. He should go nowhere near Usyk, he'd get battered.
Gotta hand it to Parker. Sure, he's fighting Flores, but he went after AJ and Whyte. And now possibly Chisora. Wants to fight the best! I just wish he'd hone his skills to go with it.
Joseph Parker: You Will See More Power in The Flores Fight
By Ryan Burton

Former WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker (24-2) returns to the ring on December 15th as he will attempt to bounce back from the first two losses of his career. Across the ring from him will be Alexander Flores (17-1-1). The fight will take place in Christchurch, New Zealand.

The 26-year-old Parker is very confident that if he is successful against Flores, that he will be back in a big fight in the very near future.

One of the fights that he is interested in is the December 22nd Dillian Whyte-Dereck Chisora rematch. Parker floored Whyte in the 12th round of their July fight but it was too little too late as he still lost a decision.

Regardless of who wins the Whyte-Chisora rematch, Parker is very interested in facing the winner.

"Now that I lost the last two fights we have to rebuild and get back to the top slowly and take the right path to get there. Once we get there we will take on anyone. We don't shy away from challenges or any fighter. We will take on anyone who is available," Parker recently told BoxingScene.com.

Parker says that he learned a lot from his losses and is working on cleaning up his mistakes in this training camp. He believes that he will be a better fighter and that the best version of himself will be on display on December 15th.

"As for changes you will see more power. We will be sitting down on punches more and showing more maturity. If I can take into the ring what I am working on it will be a great night. You will see a lot of power and movement," Parker explained.

He admits that he would have liked to have had more time to prepare for the Whyte fight but didn't make any excuses. He would love to get a shot at him again in the near future and get the opportunity to prove that he is the better fighter.

"I knew I did everything in training with the time frame I had to train. He beat me on the day so he is the better man on the day but it doesn't mean he is the better fighter. I feel like I could have beaten him and I feel like I belong at the top but a few things didn't go our way but we will be back," Parker stated.

Whyte-Chisora is a rematch of their 2016 Fight of the Year classic that Whyte won via split decision. The action takes place at the O2 Arena in Greenwich.
We've heard this so many times before about Parker bringing the power. About time he does. I think he will against Flores, because of the level of competition. But top quality opposition? That is the question?
The Undercard:

heavyweight Joseph Parker 24 2 0
S
Alexander Flores 17 1 1

heavyweight Junior Fa 15 0 0
S
Rogelio Omar Rossi 20 6 1

interim World Boxing Organisation Oriental Heavyweight Title
welterweight Bowyn Morgan 18 1 0
S
Dylan Emery 19 1 0

Pro Box New Zealand Welterweight Title
cruiserweight David Light 10 0 0
S
Lance Bryant 12 5 0

middleweight Andrei Mikhailovich 6 0 0
S
Adrian Taihia 15 4 2

welterweight Megyn McLennan 0 1 0
S
Michaela Jenkins debut

vacant Pro Box New Zealand Female Welterweight Title
heavyweight David Letele 16 3 0
S
Manu Vatuvei debut

heavyweight Sam Watt debut
S
Alistair Boyd 1 2 2

lightweight Dom Reed 0 1 0
S
Richie Hadlow debut
(11-17-2018, 11:39 AM)diehard Wrote: We've heard this so many times before about Parker bringing the power. About time he does. I think he will against Flores, because of the level of competition. But top quality opposition? That is the question?

Power is a complex subject. Spinal Chain working well. Thoracic mobility and range. Fasical slings and thickness. Foot strength and muscle architecture in respect to fast twitch fiber convention. Horse power without effecting muscle architecture. Then there is the mechanics and pulling the trigger. I’d say all these things are not being done and probably understood to create the plan. I saw his testing data at hpsnz the other day and there is a long way to go
(11-17-2018, 12:36 PM)markk Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 11:39 AM)diehard Wrote: We've heard this so many times before about Parker bringing the power. About time he does. I think he will against Flores, because of the level of competition. But top quality opposition? That is the question?

Power is a complex subject. Spinal Chain working well. Thoracic mobility and range. Fasical slings and thickness. Foot strength and muscle architecture in respect to fast twitch fiber convention. Horse power without effecting muscle architecture. Then there is the mechanics and pulling the trigger. I’d say all these things are not being done and probably understood to create the plan. I saw his testing data at hpsnz the other day and there is a long way to go

Thanks for the physiology of how to acquire power! I know nothing about that. His testing data not being up to scratch is no surprise. All I know is that he had the physique to KO guys, and he did. When he lost his muscle mass, he didn't. Man just isn't training right. I'm bigger than he is, and I'm retired. I also, uh, have no power.
When Parker knocks Flores out because he will knock him out it won’t prove that the power is back or that it has improved it will be because he is fighting a low level opponent. Really getting sick of the same pre fight talk from team Parker!