Parker vs Flores
(11-04-2018, 01:55 PM)markk Wrote: Yeah great undercard. Problem for both junior and joe is that you need to spend around 500k for Joseph and 100k for junior to get mouth watering match ups and the that dosnt work !!!

Don't understand markk. You mean Joe gets $500k and Jr. gets $100K to fight? Are you saying that Mr Higgins would pay them that much, leaving much less for a good opponent?
Nah I mean total fight cost . Joe and jnr would always take less than opponent to make foght happen on home soil
The Mexican fight last fight for us was 60k all up including camp
(11-04-2018, 04:08 PM)markk Wrote: Nah I mean total fight cost . Joe and jnr would always take less than opponent to make foght happen on home soil

No way Joe takes less than opponent in NZ. At least not in the past. Believe Minto made $75K. With Ruiz and Takam, it went to purse bid, I think. Or if it didn't, it was a split that Mr Higgins and their promoter worked out.

Joe had been on an annual contract with bonuses, before the last Duco contract. Not sure what it is now. Does include PPV.

My guess is that Flores would under $100,000, about the same as Minto.
Yeah. I’d say your right re purse based off what Higgins offered us. My point is that with 15k ppl at $40 then you get around 230k in hand which would be eatin up by main event. So not allot of money left for undercard and promoter I’d say
(11-04-2018, 05:04 PM)markk Wrote: Yeah. I’d say your right re purse based off what Higgins offered us. My point is that with 15k ppl at $40 then you get around 230k in hand which would be eatin up by main event. So not allot of money left for undercard and promoter I’d say

Duco is all about the corporate tables and sponsors. So roughly $10K average per table times 100 tables is what? A million $$$'s? But yeah, Mr Higgins always complaining about the undercard expenses, which is very little in the grand scheme of things.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/108420176/joseph-parker-has-unfinished-business-in-britain-as-he-plots-his-comeback
Boxing: Rib breaker - Joseph Parker's new power a worry for next opponent
11 Nov, 2018

Eddie Hearn and Dillian Whyte believe Joseph Parker will be back in the mix after two or three convincing wins

Patrick McKendry

Alexander Flores watch out - Joseph Parker wants to become more "devastating" in the ring and is concentrating on his power punching in a bid to finish his next opponent quickly.

The two heavyweights will meet in Christchurch on December 15 in a bout scheduled for 10 rounds but which is unlikely to go the distance as New Zealander Parker rebounds from his back-to-back losses to Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte.

Increasing Parker's power is a key area of improvement because his last five fights have gone the full 12 rounds, his last knockout coming against Alexander Dimitrenko in Auckland in October, 2016.

The 26-year-old dropped Whyte in the last round in London in July but ran out of time to finish the Englishman off. The former WBO world champion didn't hurt Joshua in Cardiff, although Parker himself wasn't hurt either.

There has never been any doubt about Parker's hand speed or ability to throw combinations and, while timing is important, fellow heavyweights Joshua and Deontay Wilder have shown there is no substitute for brute power and explosiveness in this division.

Other improvements, as suggested by former undisputed heavyweight world champion Lennox Lewis, such as Parker's evasiveness and ability to throw a more discrete overhand right, are also necessary - and almost certainly being worked on out of the public eye.

"In other camps I've worked on my speed and movement but we all think I need to develop my power to be more devastating," Parker told the Herald. "If we want a good win and to throw some big punches then we need to work on things… power is one of those. Strength and explosiveness are the other things we are working on in this camp.

"I know I've got fast hands, but we're making sure that every shot means something rather than throwing for the sake of it."

Parker has worked on power before but not to this extent. In a video released by his camp in the build-up to the fight at Horncastle Arena, Parker shows impressive power and strength as Taylor Barry, son of trainer Kevin, holds the pad. Each punch he throws appears to be a potential rib-breaker.

"We hadn't really done that power-punching pad work before," Parker said. "When Taylor holds the pad I try my best to smash it with everything I have. We're also doing a lot more strength work.

"Taylor is young and he has some good size on him; it's better for him to hold the pad [rather than Kevin]. For me, when you throw big shots like that in training it's good for your power and accuracy but also for your fitness."

The key, as ever in this sport, is to hit and not be hit in return. A boxer planting his or her feet in a bid to generate more power in their punches can be an easier target, but Parker said he and his team were mitigating against that.

"The good thing about what Kev is teaching me is that I'm throwing the shots but getting in a position afterwards to continue if I want to or move away and create distance; making sure if you throw power shots you're not there to be hit."

Parker, who spoke to the Herald from his Las Vegas base after finishing an eight-round sparring session, is five weeks into training and has just concluded his second week of sparring.

"I'm happy with where I am and I think Kev is happy," he said. "By fight time we'll be ready and peaking."

Parker and his team will attend the Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury fight in Los Angeles on December 1 before travelling to New Zealand.

He should arrive mentally and physically ready for his fourth and final fight of the year and in possession of a hunger for a new sport: golf. Parker said he caught the golf bug after playing in the Steven Adams Invitational at Windross Farm in Papakura in August.

"I didn't know how to hit the ball but after taking lessons I'm hitting the ball well all the time," Parker said. "It's good to get away and shut the mind off from boxing for a while.

"Today we were warming up for sparring and I was practising my golf swing. Kev was like, 'I knew this was going to happen - boxing is going to become secondary'."
OH NO!!!

Warriors great Manu Vatuvei to fight Brown Buttabean on Joseph Parker undercard
JACKSON THOMAS

Warriors great Manu Vatuvei will feature on next month's Joseph Parker undercard in Christchurch.
Warriors legend Manu Vatuvei will swap the boots for the gloves, when he squares off against Dave Letele, aka The Brown Buttabean, in December.

The fight will feature on the undercard for Joseph Parker's bout against Alexander Flores on December 15, at Horncastle Arena in Christchurch, with Duco Boxing expected to announce it on Tuesday morning.

The big wing recently returned to Auckland following his stint in the English Super League, where he went after leaving the Warriors in 2017.

Manu Vatuvei's brother Lopini fought and lost to the Brown Butterbean in their 2014 fight in Auckland.
His new club, Salford Red Devils, released him in June after he failed to recover from an Achilles injury.

Now 32, Vatuvei has returned home to Auckland and has been putting in work in the boxing gym with the likes of Monty Betham and David Tua, in preparation for his fight with the popular Letele.

His opponent fought and beat Lopini Vatuvei, Manu's older brother, back in 2014 and has a pro record of 16-3.

Letele has been a popular figure in the world of New Zealand corporate boxing for several years.

His nickname, The Brown Buttabean, is inspired by Eric Esch, a former American boxer, kickboxer, mixed martial artist and professional wrestler who also enjoyed a post fight career in television.

It's a fight card that also features rising Kiwi heavyweight star, Junior Fa.

Fa will take on former world cruiserweight title contender, Rogelio Omar Rossi, from Argentina, in the main undercard bout.

Parker will make his long-awaited return to the ring against Mexican-American Flores in the evening's main event.
There we go, Duco are back. Hopefully they're not get paid as much as the real boxers (although sadly, of coarse they're getting paid more).