Parker vs Flores
Joseph Parker’s quest to return to the top of the world heavyweight boxing rankings will begin at Christchurch’s Horncastle Arena on Saturday, December 15.

The former WBO world heavyweight champion will headline the evening, which features many of New Zealand’s – and Canterbury’s – finest professional fighters.

Parker’s opponent for his first fight on New Zealand soil in 18 months is the formidable American, Alexander "The Great" Flores with an exceptional record of 17-1-1, his only loss was to Former IBF heavyweight champion Charles Martin, a fight he took on only two weeks' notice. With an 80% knockout rate, the American is seizing the opportunity to end Parkers career and make his way to the big time.

The action-packed card will also feature Canterbury star Bowyn Morgan, current IBO Asia Pacific super welterweight champion, along-with fellow Cantabrian, former Commonwealth representative, light heavyweight Reece Papuni.

In what promises to be a thrilling female contest, a feisty Megyn McLennan takes on current New Zealand Muay Thai champion Michaela Jenkins in a five-round professional contest.
(10-25-2018, 10:31 AM)Beefstew Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 06:31 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Maybe he should try and 'explain' the ppv fee. It's terrible matchmaking.

I dont think either really needs to be explained. Coming off 2 back to back losses this is no surprise. I was was honestly expecting a Raphael Zumbano Love type of walkover so im happy with the opponent. Flores is still better than the last 2 guys the lineal heavyweight champ has fought. No surprises about the PPV price either, its the same as we paid for Jason Pettaway and they can get away with it although I suspect numbers will be down now that the JP hype has worn off.

The Italian/German fella Fury fought last is head and shoulders above Parker's next opponent.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/108205927/david-higgins-accuses-dillian-whyte-of-running-scared-from-joseph-parker
Higgins says Whytes scared of Parker for rematching Chisora but matches Parker with a glorified Mexican road sweeper..... What a knob.
(10-30-2018, 11:42 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Higgins says Whytes scared of Parker for rematching Chisora but matches Parker with a glorified Mexican road sweeper..... What a knob.

I agree. Bit of a stretch that one. What interested me, though, is that Chisora's stock goes down if he loses to Whyte, thereby diminishing any fight with Parker next year. And if Chisora wins, why would he want to fight Parker?
This is a great fight for both Chisora and Whyte, and there bank balances.....
(10-30-2018, 11:49 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: This is a great fight for both Chisora and Whyte, and there bank balances.....

I agree. And Whyte/Chisora was one of the Fights of the Year. For Whyte to fight Chisora again takes balls. Chisora could definitely win, and many think Chisora won last time in a slugfest. If I were Whyte, I'd fight a Flores type of fighter and wait for AJ. If AJ can't make the Wilder fight happen, Whyte should be next in line.
Surely Pulev is next for AJ if the Wilder fight doesn't happen.
Guess it's a matter of mandatories and whether AJ goes IBF or WBO. I'm figuring Pulev just fought, so it would be a 6 month build-up. AJ and Whyte both fought several months ago, so I'd think they'd be ready to go. The Whyte/Chisora fight puts a spanner in the works, as, like I say, I woulda waited for Hearn to try and fail to make the Wilder fight. The AJ/Whyte fight would be huge in the UK.

Don't forget, Whyte is also the WBC #1 challenger also. Whyte is in with a chance against either fighter. Which means, to me, the Chisora fight is ill conceived.
Hearn has said the WBO mandatory is next which will likely be Whyte, then IBF with Pulev