Joseph Parker
(05-26-2016, 07:10 PM)shamrock Wrote: Ok I suggest you stick to pickems and 'I dunno' comments for now and pm me for long conversations before posting.. I'm sure I can help stabilize your thinking

Thanks Sham. I'll keep my mouth shut per your advice, and PM you if I get a half-brain idea. Perfect.
(05-26-2016, 09:05 PM)shamrock Wrote: Just deleted my own post.
Still think Ortiz dangerous for a mandatory.
Inferno, do you think AJ will fight JP or look for a more lucrative fight in another alphabet?

It depends.

They may try and squeeze Parker in at the end of the year, if Joshua smashes Breazele to bits and Parker even remotley looks poor against Haumano they may see it as an easy fight to get out of the way. And to be honest at this point I have to agree, I think Parker would fall apart at the O2 in Joshuas arena surrounded by Joshuas people, getting boo'd out of the arena as he makes his entrance, he isn't ready for that.

I think now is the time to take Parker out because he will improve imo, but right now he's not ready.

However, I don't see that happening. I think after Breazele, Joshua will fight again in october, i think they may try to get chisora marketable for that fight because i think it'll be a uk guy, or maybe the whyte rematch.

After that it's Tyson Fury (assuming he wins klitschko rematch) or potentially even Klitschko himself if he wins.

So long story I think Parker might even be WBO mandatory before he gets his ibf shot.
Based on my highly anticipated Heavyweight Round-up message...lol

What is stopping Wilder vs Joshua considering Povetkin will be caught up with legal issues for sometime?
Thanks mate. I'd have never thought of this stuff until getting it from here. If AJ vacates Parker gets fight Pulev for the ibf I would expect. Whatever Parkers up to his ears..
AJ does not want Wilder at this point. Of course, neither does Wilder want AJ! Both afraid they'd lose.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11642881
AJ the Wilder of the UK?
(05-26-2016, 09:40 PM)NakiFan Wrote: Based on my highly anticipated Heavyweight Round-up message...lol

What is stopping Wilder vs Joshua considering Povetkin will be caught up with legal issues for sometime?

Too much risk involved for both fighters, Joshua has a massive, and I mean MASSIVE payday coming up against Fury that will be in front of 90,000 at Wembley stadium, he isn't going to risk that for a fight with Wilder which, while it'd be a nice fight wouldn't be anywhere near as big.

And as for Wilder tbh with you i feel like he's a coward who will just sit on his belt as long as possible, happy with his 1.2 million usd paydays rolling in as long as possible unless he gets a big 10 million plus offer to cash out (basically what the povetkin fight would have been imo)
So the risk of the unknown (risk) fighter in Parker would mean a unification is probably the most likely...

I had a feeling it was always heading that way.
(05-26-2016, 09:44 PM)shamrock Wrote: Thanks mate. I'd have never thought of this stuff until getting it from here. If AJ vacates Parker gets fight Pulev for the ibf I would expect. Whatever Parkers up to his ears..

Duco went the IBF route hoping they would get Charles Martin for the title, and it looked that way for a while.

Remember Duco used to have that ridiculous love affair with the WBO until Martin beat Glazkov then suddenly they went all in on the IBF

Eddie Hearn ruined their plan there.
(05-26-2016, 09:48 PM)NakiFan Wrote: So the risk of the unknown (risk) fighter in Parker would mean a unification is probably the most likely...

I had a feeling it was always heading that way.

Yup

Fury and Joshua will probably split 80 million pounds (150 million nzd) for that fight

there aint no chance of that getting risked