Joseph Parker
(05-22-2016, 04:01 AM)Infern0 Wrote: I thought it was a poor performance from Joe but I can't see any possible way the fight could be any closer that 115-113 for Joe.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I can't see how Parker won. I'll watch it again tomorrow as I'm still at the after function. 
Lonegran flapping his gums as usual

Naturally, Duco Events boss Dean Lonergan was thrilled with the result and already planning for the future, declaring: "Joseph Parker has just beaten one of the tougher guys in the heavyweight division and by far and away one of the most durable.

"With this performance he has put Anthony Joshua on notice and we are now heading to England to explode the myth that is Anthony Joshua.

"In his fight against Dillian Whyte five months ago, Joshua got wobbled in the second round and if that happened with Joseph Parker in the ring, Joshua would be on his back and out and Joe would be world champion.

"So it's fair to say Anthony Joshua should be looking on with great trepidation."
I had Parker up by 3 rounds. There is fair comments from everyone on here, even if a few are a big blurred from beer goggles.

Takam is tough as nails. Those punches that landed flush would have dented most HWs in the division. Credit to Takam and the pressure he was applying. Takam did lose power later and I believe that was noticed by Parker because he tended to fend off shots with shoulder and arms.

KB was very good in the corner. Instructions were clear and exactly what JP was doing poorly. Especially when pushed on the ropes. Clinching and going lower to circle around was needed more. He did jab and push Takam away nicely often though from this position.

Without this constant testing from Takam, Team Parker now have lots to work on. But you have to admit he did look world class in decent patches.

Regardless of his future, we have just seen JP say he is ready to start learning and fighting in the top 30.
haye fight here is anyone interested

http://crickfree.net/boxing/david-haye-vs-arnold-gjergjaj-crf8g41i?l=1962650116

starts soon
I'm actually quite shocked by how many people thought Takam was robbed. It seems like everybody I know who was there thinks Parker lost, it certainly didn't seem that way from the TV. Close fight but Parker won fair and square in my opinion.
BUT no skip punch dawgone it
(05-22-2016, 04:01 AM)Infern0 Wrote: I thought it was a poor performance from Joe but I can't see any possible way the fight could be any closer that 115-113 for Joe.

If anything I was more disappointed with Takams performance, Parker is new and was expected to struggle in parts but Takam with his experience and being in his prime should of cleaned Farker... but he couldn't because he himself was gased and I believe his early tactics of staying out of range didn't do him any favours. It wasn't till mid rounds he started coming forward but by then he lacked stamina to finish.

Dillian Whyte speaks:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/80250278/contender-dillian-whyte-unimpressed-by-joseph-parker-i-can-see-so-many-holes-in-his-game
I thought that Joe won it, just because he seemed more active and accurate than Takam in most of the rounds. I didn't think Takam was gassed. But I was surprised with how he fought. Normally he throws lots of punches in bunches and goes to the body. Also keeps his left down and shoulder rolls. Didn't see that until the later rounds. Man, he can take a punch, and was able to hit Joe flush throughout the fight. I don't think Joe has ever been hit as much, and I think Joe was surprised that Takam didn't fall. He was clearly frustrated, and I think he panicked in the middle rounds when Takam kept coming.

Yes, he beat a guy that is better than AJ or Wilder has ever faced. Big ups for that. But AJ, Fury, or Wilder would have finished joe in the middle rounds when he had his hands low and was on the ropes. Would be interesting to see how the above three would have gone with Takam.

Couldn't believe that Joe got his second wind in the 11th and 12th. Double jabbing, moving, and scoring. I think those two rounds pulled it out for him. The Fly, I think the arena was quiet because it was not certain who won. Depending on the judge, it could have gone either way. I thought it was a close fight, and that the scores were what I would have scored.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/joseph-parker-carlos-takam-2/56616