Joseph Parker
Has the goal line been shifted??? Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
NextBritishFight
‏@NextUKFight
The winner of Parker-Takam and Pulev-Chisora must fight within 120 days of the latest of those two fights in a final IBF eliminator.

Could actually be a good thing for Parker's development to fight Pulev if he can beat Takam rather than straight to AJ in the UK. You would have to think Pulev beats Chisora.
That's what I'm thinking, justafan. Parker and Duco need to forget fighting AJ, or whoever it is, for the IBF title. As you say, it may be over a year from now. He's ranked high in the WBO also, and needs to look at Fury (even if he loses to Klit, which I think he will), Wilder, and AJ while fighting meaningful fights until then. Povetkin has waited, what, two years to fight Wilder?

Pulev is a good fighter, and yes, he beats Chisora.

Sham, I'd be surprised if JP beats Takam easily. He's gonna have to dig deep.
Personally I think this is great news.
I'm sceptical that Duco will be able to get top tier opponents after the Takam fight, so it will be great to have the winner of Chisora v Pulev forced to fight him, if he gets past Takam.
It's also likely that the fight won't be in NZ, which would be great experience for Parker.

Personally I don't think Parker will end up facing Joshua. For that to happen, we have to presume:
1) Parker gets through Takam, Chisora / Pulev and other fights if he has them
2) Joshua gets through all his voluntaries
3) Joshua doesn't opt to go the unification route

Personally I think #3 will be the kicker. I doubt Eddie and Joshua will pick Parker over a unification with Fury. They've already said they see Fury as an easier fight than Haye (who is fairly similar to Parker). They really don't rate the power of Fury, so don't see it as a very risky fight. Also much more money in the Joshua / Fury fight. IMO, if Joshua fights Fury he probably loses, so then Parker would be mandatory to fight Fury. That's all assuming that Fury beats Klitschko, which is no certainty. If Klitschko wins that fight and he doesn't retire afterwards, I could then see Joshua opt to fight Parker.
Joseph Parker's handlers brush off talk his IBF heavyweight fight being downgraded
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/79224014/joseph-parkers-handlers-brush-off-talk-his-ibf-heavyweight-fight-being-downgraded
You're too quick, justafan. I was just about to post it. Even if AJ doesn't fight JP for another year, and my guess is it will be January, 2017 at the earliest, Parker has some status about being the mandatory IF he can get past Takam. I think people are taking Takam too lightly. He's tough, awkward, with a big punch.
(04-22-2016, 01:10 PM)diehard Wrote: That's what I'm thinking, justafan.  Parker and Duco need to forget fighting AJ, or whoever it is, for the IBF title.  As you say, it may be over a year from now.  He's ranked high in the WBO also, and needs to look at Fury (even if he loses to Klit, which I think he will), Wilder, and AJ while fighting meaningful fights until then.  Povetkin has waited, what, two years to fight Wilder?

Sham, I'd be surprised if JP beats Takam easily.  He's gonna have to dig deep.

Chisora is not an easy fight at all for Pulev, in fact Pulev doesn't win that fight lol..........

Fury made it look easy but Pulev is no Fury, not even close

There's only oneeeeeeeee Tyson Furyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Watch below to see Pulev slapped silly by Fury's son Wlad Klitschko

Lovely left hooks....I wish he unloaded more of them last time out...
Yeah it's going to be a touch match, a hell of a step up.
(04-22-2016, 03:57 PM)james5000 Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 01:10 PM)diehard Wrote: That's what I'm thinking, justafan.  Parker and Duco need to forget fighting AJ, or whoever it is, for the IBF title.  As you say, it may be over a year from now.  He's ranked high in the WBO also, and needs to look at Fury (even if he loses to Klit, which I think he will), Wilder, and AJ while fighting meaningful fights until then.  Povetkin has waited, what, two years to fight Wilder?

Sham, I'd be surprised if JP beats Takam easily.  He's gonna have to dig deep.

Chisora is not an easy fight at all for Pulev, in fact Pulev doesn't win that fight lol..........

A fact? Can you give me this weeks lotto numbers too? $100 bucks says your wrong...
Pulev doesn't like pressure at all, he only likes fighting plodders like Ustinov and Thompson. Chisora will be on him the whole night long, Pulev will not stand up to it.

Here's Pulev getting busted up because he can't handle someone applying pressure 

r

I'd take your money but it would be stupid to go $ for $ when I am sure some betting agency would offer me better odds

People don't like to admit Chisora is actually decent because it makes Fury look better. Fury is the only bloke that has beaten Chisora without breaking a sweat. Even Haye and Vitali had to work for it.

Pulev is not in their class and has never beaten anyone better than Malik Scott or prime Helenius