Joseph Parker
Thanks NakiFan. As if the whole heavyweight jumble wasn't complicated enough already.
Well I hope I'm correct, it would be a a shock if Parker beat Takam and then had to fight the winner of Pulev and Chisora.... but on the otherhand, it'll be another good fight before having a crack at the title. A type of opposition you'd want him to fight before getting a shot...
Parker/Takam got sucker punched! But, he's going to have to fight someone if he's waiting on the AJ/Martin winner as the expiry date to make the fight is January, 2017. And there's no reason he can't jump on another alphabet if the opportunity arises.

Looks like we're into a purse bid with the IBF. No reason why Duco couldn't get the bid if they put in for it.
I'd love to see Parker fight Chisora if he gets past Takam.
IBF has clarified the situation regarding two eliminators, below, basically NakiFan was right although something interesting is that it says Nowember instead of January for the mandatory to get his shot:

Pulev v Chisora was confirmed just three weeks on from an IBF approved final eliminator between Joseph Parker and Carlos Takam, which has led to some confusion as to why another clash has been sanctioned so soon.

International Boxing Federation Chairman Lindsey Tucker had this to say exclusively to World Boxing News on the matter: “With the IBF, in order for a boxer to be ranked number one or number two, he must fight in an IBF-sanctioned twelve round eliminator,” he explained.

“Kubrat Pulev and Derek Chisora are two of the top five available boxers in the ratings and have been approved to fight for the number two position.

“Once the winner of Joseph Parker v Carlos Takam (number one eliminator) fights for the title, the winner of Pulev vs. Chisora (number two ranked) must then fight again to become the new number one and also the mandatory challenger.”

Current champion Charles Martin defends his belt against Anthony Joshua on April 9 in London before a voluntary period of seven months begins. Martin or Joshua would have to face the winner of Parker v Takam by November of 2016, whilst the eventual victor of the Pulev v Chisora could have the opportunity to secure mandatory status during this period.

Pulev or Chisroa would eventually get their shot at the IBF belt at some point in the first half 2017, dependent on the interim activity of the champion and obviously his future opponents.
It's interesting that the Takam Parker winner can still be leapfrogged if they themselves don't keep busy within the IBF. That would mean a fight around July or August will need to happen with a ranked fighter, ideally within the IBF list.
So there'll be a Parker/Takam vs Martin/Joshua before Fury gets his shot
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10210103/shannon-briggs-has-been-running-from-a-fight-offer-says-promotor
No money in Parker vs Briggs for Briggs, and he'll probably get beat. The money for Briggs is in the UK.

Bit of a joke with Pulev vs Chisora, as they are ranked 8th and 9th by the IBF.

Still no word on the purse bid with Parker vs Takam. It's anyone's guess what happens if Parker wins. If AJ beats Martin, I'm sure he'll want Fury, or Wilder, as that's where the money is. Of course, Klit could beat Fury, which might lead to a rubber match. All too confusing for me. It'll be a mess in 2016 until it gets sorted out in 2017. What's important is that Parker have a meaningful fight if/when he gets past Takam.
(03-18-2016, 09:16 AM)mippy Wrote: So there'll be a Parker/Takam vs Martin/Joshua before Fury gets his shot

I think they are all after a shot at Fury (or should be). Hes the champ.