Joseph Parker
(03-03-2016, 08:41 PM)mippy Wrote: Of course Parker could be due for a set back. It's a great fight I think Takam has to be the favourite. Some people will never be satisfied. If he wins Takam will be over the hill, if he loses he was just a pretender.

The truth is Parker has fought similar opposition to everyone else, and has won convincingly every time. Still he's never really been tested. This is the test, it's a tough one and I hope Parker wins

How may guys are going from Meehan as their best opponent to a Takam?

Dillian Whyte would clean up Meehan with ease, Rudenko would probably outpoint him at this stage.
Morning Gentlemen, I will comment on the points raised re my post yesterday sometime over the weekend..

Just wanted to highlight where the market was for the Parker Takam fight. The TAB are currently quoting;

Parker : $1.40
Takam : $2.80

V.
I think the line started @ Parker : $1.42 Takam : $2.70, so the punters must be backing Joe
I think this will be an easy fight for Parker. Styles make fights, and this will go similarly to Joe's fight with Tupou.
(03-04-2016, 03:26 AM)tm7 Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 03:40 PM)Verita Wrote: Top 15 rankings across all alphabets- Done - without ever fighting a boxer ranked in the top 50 at the time of the fight - yes, that is a miracle.  

Bit of nit-picking here, Meehan was ranked 29 when the fight was signed and 31 when they fought.

Also Irineu Beato Costa Junior was ranked 15th by the WBO when Parker beat him

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11367624
And Minto was ranked 12th or 13th.
Minto was a cripple
True, mentally and physically. I think Tupou and Meehan were his toughest competition, definitely not top 20 in my book. Now the run starts, starting with Takam. I do think Takam will be easy to hit, but can JP leave unscathed? I think the fight will depend on how well Parker can take a shot.
Whatever happens Takam is legit and Jo gets through this I will become a supporter. BUT I can't agree it'll be easy....
Unless of course Jo is really superman like we're getting brainwashed into thinking.
I just think Parker will be too fast and get his power shots in early. I think he'd do the same with Martin. AJ is an unknown against top competitiion, so I want to see how he goes. Wilder is the most feared opponent. Big, and with speed. Also Fury, who is big and awkward.