Joseph Parker
(02-19-2016, 08:53 AM)Justapakeha Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 08:51 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Its turned a bit shit on this forum, it shouldn't be called nzboxchat. It should be called blokes wanking over Joseph Parker! What's wrong with you people? There's some great matches out there that don't involve unproven Joseph..... WTF do you guys even like boxing? If he retired tomorrow would this site even exist? You lot are making me look forward to him getting knocked out.

This thread's called Joseph Parker,  mate.

And its the only thread used, actually the heavyweight thread is used, to talk about joseph parker.... 
I think people are just keen for him to be tested. I personally believe he's not all that and will be exposed by a takam/Ustinov Et al....hughie fury for me Iis all wrong for Parker too
I just think there's more to nz boxing than Joseph Parker. A lot more, hopefully everyone else will realise it to.
I like our light heavyweights but think they are all about the same levelish and that isn't world level. Berridge and Charalampous are good fun to watch, Joe Blackbourn could move up and do very well domestically against them as well.

Junior Fa is a good prospect and Hemi Ahio is good fun to watch as well

Who do you rate domestically in the pro's Craig? or do you see the Am's coming up being very strong?
(02-19-2016, 09:10 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: I just think there's more to nz boxing than Joseph Parker. A lot more, hopefully everyone else will realise it to.

Well how about posting some constructive threads detailing the NZ boxers out there? I'm keen to hear who is coming through. The fact remains though, if the fanbase in NZ is interested in a world class fighter like Parker, the flow on effect should mean they watch and follow the sport more.

I don't see the harm in that whatsoever.
I'm not sure if I rate Parker domestically either, I think Hemi would knock him out. But yeah Berridge, Reece Papuni, Adrian Tahiua coming back, Nik the Greek. How can you not like Sam Rapiras all out work rate. I think Anthony Taylor, Cairo George would be great to watch. Of coarse I'm looking forward to seeing Jnr Fa's progress, I hope they get him out every 6 weeks. Plenty to look forward to I'm back in NZ end of Feb. Luckily it seems there's a load of shows. Will I bump into you down the ABA James?
(02-19-2016, 09:45 AM)NakiFan Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 09:10 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: I just think there's more to nz boxing than Joseph Parker. A lot more, hopefully everyone else will realise it to.

Well how about posting some constructive threads detailing the NZ boxers out there? I'm keen to hear who is coming through. The fact remains though, if the fanbase in NZ is interested in a world class fighter like Parker, the flow on effect should mean they watch and follow the sport more.

I don't see the harm in that whatsoever.

I'm not sure AJ or Parker are world class yet. There both highly rated in a weak division.
Not world class until they beat a top ten guy. AJ beats Martin, he becomes a force to be reckoned with. Parker's chance to show he's with the elite comes in July. Hopefully.
Just listened to an interview with Dean Lonergan on Radio Sport. He spelt out quite clearly what was needed to make the Martin fight work, and that came to about 7 million NZ dollars of costs (event hosting, taxes, fighter payments) to be even close to what Martin was wanting. Martin wanted to clear 4 million NZ. They were basically using Parker to ramp up negotiations with the Joshua camp.

http://www.radiosport.co.nz/on-demand/audio/dean-lonergan-on-saying-no-to-charles-martin/

BUT...it looks like there is a mandatory IBF bout with potentially JP lining up in April.....maybe hence the reason why we haven't seen anything yet on an opponent?
So Takam April or June?