Joseph Parker
I'm confused. We say that Joe has fought no one, but say if he steps up against 5-10 opponents, he loses. We say that Joe doesn't deserve his ranking since he's fought no one, but give AJ a pass since he fought an unranked fighter (at the time) in Whyte. We complain that he fights fringe fighters, and it's boring. So which is it. Is he good enough to fight top fighters? Or should he fight guys he ko's in one because that's the best he can do?

I don't think Parker needs to beat everyone in the heavyweight division. Only guys in front of him that lead to an eliminator. At the moment, it's Takam. Parker can beat him. I personally think he can beat Fury and Martin. But Fury won't matter. He'll get KO'd by Klit, and Klit will then retire. He just doesn't want to fight anymore. Ortiz and Wilder will be tougher matches. But Parker will be a better fighter after he beats Takam.
If you look at Takam's KO ratio you see it is a bit on the low side.

To me, Parker has more power. And that may be the thing that makes the difference. I hope this fight gets made.

-Kiwi
[Image: xlae3.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Maker
Parker on video in Samoa:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000233200059
(01-19-2016, 06:52 PM)diehard Wrote: I'm confused.  We say that Joe has fought no one, but say if he steps up against 5-10 opponents, he loses.  We say that Joe doesn't deserve his ranking since he's fought no one, but give AJ a pass since he fought an unranked fighter (at the time) in Whyte.  We complain that he fights fringe fighters, and it's boring.   So which is it.  Is he good enough to fight top fighters?  Or should he fight guys he ko's in one because that's the best he can do?

I don't think Parker needs to beat everyone in the heavyweight division.  Only guys in front of him that lead to an eliminator.  At the moment, it's Takam.  Parker can beat him.  I personally think he can beat Fury and Martin.  But Fury won't matter.  He'll get KO'd by Klit, and Klit will then retire.  He just doesn't want to fight anymore.  Ortiz and Wilder will be tougher matches.  But Parker will be a better fighter after he beats Takam.

You reckon you rate Fury better than most pre Klit but less than people do now?

You sound like Fury isn't even top 10?

Fury has got the goods and he is seriously underrated here in NZ. He dominated Atg Wlad and even if he does get ko'ed in the rematch I don't see anyone else being a favourite against Wlad and before the Fury fight neither did anyone else.

Ortiz is getting overrated badly just by koing a game but far from elite Jennings. Jennings was winning every second round and Ortiz was puffing looking short of breathe at the end. Ortiz will get sparked out when he hits the deep end of the pool he doesn't have the work rate or conditioning. Wouldn't be surprised if Martin chinned him actually.
I rate Fury's chances very highly in the Klitschko rematch.

I think he simply has Wlad's number.

Watch the 1st fight again.

-Kiwi
Don't need to see Klit NOT throw punches again. If he throws punches, Fury gets KO'd. Fury was not even seen as a serious opponent until he fought a scared Klit. Klit is past his prime, but will still beat Fury in the rematch against Fury or face the wrath of Vitali as he disgraced the family with that performance.

Nah, Fury is definitely top 10, even top 5. I rate Ortiz, Fury, Martin, Wlder about the same. All very good, just not great. Parker beats Fury due to his going after Fury instead of freezing (aka Klit), beats Martin because he only very good, and struggles against Ortiz due to his skill and power as a lefty, and struggles with Wilder due to Wilder size and power (Stu is NOT a Wilder believer, I am).
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/76053861/jason-bergman-insists-hes-no-journeyman-as-american-vows-to-shock-joseph-parker-in-samoa
(01-19-2016, 09:00 PM)diehard Wrote: Don't need to see Klit NOT throw punches again.  If he throws punches, Fury gets KO'd.  Fury was not even seen as a serious opponent until he fought a scared Klit.  Klit is past his prime, but will still beat Fury in the rematch against Fury or face the wrath of Vitali as he disgraced the family with that performance.

Nah, Fury is definitely top 10, even top 5.  I rate Ortiz, Fury, Martin, Wlder about the same.  All very good, just not great.  Parker beats Fury due to his going after Fury instead of freezing (aka Klit), beats Martin because he only very good, and struggles against Ortiz due to his skill and power as a lefty, and struggles with Wilder due to Wilder size and power (Stu is NOT a Wilder believer, I am).
Fury has a massive legion of haters who are just plain ignorant and couldn't see talent if it smacked them in the face. (You could insert Wilders name and it would also be true). So its not surprising he wasn't rated a chance. Instead of  praising his performance in typical arrogant and delusional style ATG Wlad became a washed up bum. I believe Povetkin will recieve the same fate after losing to wilder.

I'm not writing off Wlad completely because he's still a boss but he will need to do more than throw more punches to beat the furious one 
You kind of seemed to say Wilder, Klit, Ortiz, Joe beat him so does Fury round out the top 5?
Where do Pov, Haye and Aj come in