Joseph Parker
(01-18-2016, 06:34 PM)diehard Wrote: Cunningham has moved down to cruiser, last I heard. 

That's what he's indicated but if the moneys right he'll stay at Heavy.

Of course team Parker will take the opportunity if it presents itself. To me it seems short sited. More about getting a belt than keeping it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnBKViYH8Ng

Workout video of JP just posted on Youtube.
Unfortunately I didn't see Wilders fight either or how good his chin is, however he's an awesome persuader in that right hand lol
(01-18-2016, 07:02 PM)shamrock Wrote: Unfortunately I didn't see Wilders fight either or how good his chin is, however he's an awesome persuader in that right hand lol

That right is an equalizer that makes up for many of his flaws.
I don't rate Izu any less than Parker, and at about the same level. I just don't think he's had the same opportunities as Parker, as Parker is from NZ and pushed as "the man." That will change, according to Duco, in 2016 as he'll fight in Poland against a "good" opponent in April. Hopefully, onwards and upwards from there.

I guess I'm in the minority, as Stu, and now Gothe see Wilder as vulnerable, and not Fury so much. Why is Wilder seen as vulnerable?
Fury is vulnerable and doesn't possess a sleeper punch. That's a huge gap between him and Deontay.
Pretty much this..

"In the first three rounds, Deontay looked worse than amateurish making big swipes at thin air; not something a heavyweight world champion should be doing. Wilder’s balance throughout was absolutely terrible, and every time Szpilka caught him even when they were glancing blows, Wilder made the effect look far worse than they actually were. It was clear that the shots did not hurt Wilder, but he made them look better than they were."

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2016/01/wilder-badly-exposed-szpilka/

I have to add to this that Wilders corner got him the victory.
At the end of the 8th round, when I though he looked slightly gassed, they were screaming at him "he always ducks the same way", "he ducks to the right"
Sure enough, that's what he did and got caught by a beautiful punch.

Wilder has power, no doubt - but he looks like bambi on ice sometimes
I agree Gothe. But those amateurish air shots, and Szpilka's glancing shots, even his straight lefts that connected, had no effect on Wilder's being staggered.

So I'm thinking, who's going to nail him and KO him? Who's going to outbox him? Who can take his speed and power? Not AJ, not Fury, not Martin. Parker? I don't know. Can Parker's speed and power, with combinations, stop Wilder? Can Parker take Wilder's punches? I don't know.

Wilder vs Ortiz would be a good match-up.
The one thing that is certain in the heavy division is that NO ONE wants to fight Ortiz
I actually think that if he is that easy to get off balance, Haye might beat Wilder - he's made him look like a fool in sparring...
Not AJ, not Fury, not Martin but Parker.......? How do we equate that? So, Parker beats Fury, AJ and Martin..?