Joseph Parker
I think Stu wasn't going for Ustinov because he kept falling out of the rankings. Only the WBA has him ranked, at 7th. No reason to fight him. Looks like Takam is the man Team Parker is trying to score. Good opponent, ranked in several alphabets.

And I wouldn't assume Ortiz beats Ustinov easily. I think he'll give Ortiz a tough fight.
Ustinov is 40 this year and his legs are looking heavier than ever he looks like a much smaller lesser version of Valuev. I dont know if any of you guys watched the roy jones vs enzo mac card but Ustinov from that performance isnt even a top 25 fighter these days.

Ortiz doesnt have the height and weight but im guessing he has the reach and every other imagineable advantage.

If Ustinov hears the final bell ill be surprised.
I watched that as well, he looked like a slow old plodder. Can't see him troubling anyone with Ortiz speed or power.
Why not JP?

A big scalp in the bag.

Anyway - we expect an announcement after Bergman - so let us be patient.

-Kiwi
I think JP would do the same with ease, and despite the ranking situation would still be worth taking on in my opinion because of how overrated Ustinov is and how familiar the NZ public are with him after Tua. Takam sounds most likely though apparently?
Ustinov would come to NZ to fight Parker for the payday no more no less. Still a good name to have the CV though.
Never gonna be K2 stable so forget Ustinov.... Might be Takam... Im betting they want Whyte Wink
Whyte would be entertaining but like Ustinov, it'll put them another fight away from a mandatory...I think they are really keen to jump at an opportunity to become next in line.
Whyte is more dangerous than Ustinov. Bigger risk - less reward.

That guy is a real brawler - esp when his shoulder has recovered.

-Kiwi
Well Parker seems to be putting the word out that he wants to fight in Britain, so there's not many better options than Whyte.
Obviously not Fury or Joshua yet.

Who else is there?
Chisora (could be a final eliminator if he beats Helenius)
Hughie (would be surprised if they said yes)
Price (don't think they'd risk his chin)

After that you're into Cornish, Sprott etc. - no, please no.

So hopefully Takam, then Chisora or Whyte..