Joseph Parker
Its a "name" game as you know, Diehard.

This is a fight they could really "sell" big

Not many out there that would be better for hyping on US TV at this stage

-Kiwi
Does Parker need a "name" opponent, or opponents who will lead to a title? Now Duco is a different story. I think Briggs would draw huge, but evidently Duco doesn't think it's a wise investment to pay him more than $100,000+.
Yes - JP does need that exposure

The wider US public hardly know who he is.

It is very short-sighted not to make those fights. Surely DUCO will at least get their money back. Plus $$$$'s, I bet.

Sad.

-Kiwi
The US public doesn't need to know who he is. The alphabets do. If we're talking Briggs, the question is: Does Duco want to give as much money as it takes to get him over here, say a quarter to half a million? They did for the Tua vs Cameron fight, with each getting half a million. OR, do you want to see fighting a top ten guy in April, and an eliminator in July?

No one will know who he is until he wins a title. And why is his being known even important? Well, it matters in terms of PPV. Team Parker is keeping him under the radar. But if wins an eliminator, look for KB to run his mouth big time, which is how he got Tua a title fight, and 3.5 million, to fight LL.
Hmmm. Maybe.

But boxing is as much about hype and promotion as talent.

If you don't become "larger than life" you won't inspire the viewers, the PPV, or the public at large.

Boxing actually needs more of this. So does Joseph Parker.

Many contenders are hardly-known. It hurts them and it hurts the sport.

-Kiwi
Parker smacking out Martin for the IBF title will get him known in the States....but then again, is Martin actually known in the States?

Duco should put out an announcement, detailing Parkers next 3 opponents so the forum can take a breather... LOL
I suspect Martin is even less known in the states than Parker.

They risk having a championship that hardly gets watched.

Time for some big hype-nastics!

Briggs would be perfect

-Kiwi
I think Martin and Glazkov is not very well known in the US. I do think Europe is the big boxing continent now. Stu is trying to nail down the April fight against a top ten guy. The IBF will decide the eliminator if it comes to that. Remember, after Klit vs Fury, and Martin vs Glazkov, it all gets scrambled up. Parker is well positioned to move and challenge for a mandatory or an eliminator after his fight in April. Just gotta let things play out...
Likely you are right, Diehard

But an Arreola or Briggs fight may have made all the difference to JP's profile. And he will need that profile to get decent PPV views.

Oh well.

I guess it is not gonna happen

-Kiwi
Sorry, Kiwi, but Parker vs Briggs won't happen, at least not in NZ. No reward. BUT, like you, I'd love to see it happen from an entertainment value.

Honestly, his profile won't raise if he fought a 40 something, past his prime, loud mouth Briggs. BUT, it'd be fun.