Joseph Parker
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/75546406/new-zealand-heavyweight-joseph-parker-rated-one-of-the-prospects-of-the-year-by-us-broadcasting-giant-espn
http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Its-not-easy-getting-Joseph-Parker-fights/tabid/506/articleID/110508/Default.aspx

Interesting information re: Ustinov
Great interview, Naki

Clearly the IBF is the pathway

And Takam is the guy that makes most sense to fight

But why not offer Briggs or Arreola $200,000 ??

Big money in those fights, surely.

-Kiwi
If the IBF is the route, and Takam is the target for April. That bout should put Parker above Joshua in the rankings, but who would the eliminator be against if he gets the chance? Does it come down to rankings first, then get opened up for anyone in the top 15 if the 1st choice doesn't get signed?

$100,000 does seem a bit low, but I'm sure they know what the purses are getting priced at. The thing is, and Duco have mentioned it numerous times, a Sunday afternoon match is primetime Saturday night in the States. Briggs or Arreola would sell PPV both here, and get picked up with some of the stations in the States.
Great find, NakiFan, and thanks for linking it!

Well, Briggs and Arreola have already said no, so that's a closed topic for Joe. And no guy ranked in the top 10 is going to come to NZ for $100,000. No way. Why would they risk their ranking? Or their career? In Joe's backyard?

I think Stu will get a different response if he offers $100,000, and the fight is in the US or Europe. Maybe even Arreola or Briggs. But Parker and Duco is committed to Christchurch in April. I see Takam vs Parker maybe in July as an eliminator, but not in April. He's an excellent opponent. Tough guy, ranked.

Stu's right. Why fight Ustinov if he doesn't offer anything? The easiest fights to make, and the best chance of getting a belt, is in the IBF. Martin is not that good. Neither is Glazkov, if he happens to win.
Arreola or Briggs is perfect for a Sun afternoon fight

Pay them $250,000 if necessary and get them down here

Well worth it - get Parker's name known in the USA. Huge.

-Kiwi
[Image: wm3ud.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Maker
LOL

Yep - bring it on!
Please DUCO get Briggs here. I can just imagine the press confrences now.........World Class Entertainment LOL
He's said NO, but everyone has their price, and like you and Kiwi, would love to see it. I'd ask Briggs his price, and negotiate from there. In terms of a world title, it's a waste. Briggs, I think, is only ranked in the top 10 in one alphabet, and is going nowhere. He's old, and past his prime.

But in terms of entertainment? Priceless.