Joseph Parker
Great article, Die. It really speaks volumes.

When I think how busy Parker and Duco have been - and how they are conducting this whole campaign - I really wish there was a thread to congratulate them on being the best promotions and training and management team on the planet.

Seriously. These guys are doing a brilliant job and need to be recognized.

Parker is very fortunate.

-Kiwi.
I agree. Call up Duco at http://www.duco.co.nz and tell Mr Higgins. He knows me. He's fairly accessible.

I knew that article would answer all your questions. To me, Stu Duncan (he's on facebook, Kiwi), and you can post on there. I do, thanks to gothe letting me know.

The worst thing we can say about Parker and Izu is that he KO's his opponents too fast. That's not too bad.
You know - given the way they are fighting - it is not entirely foolish to think Parker and Izu together may be dominant players in the division within 2 years.

I know, I know. Laugh if you want. Dreams are free.
A few things about Parker are impressing me at the moment

- His body shot are winning fights for him
-He's keeping his hands up
-He listens to his corner

I reckon it was the body shots that took the fight out of Martz. The shot that dropped him was a goody though. He looked like he gave up
Real thumps, no fake there
I am loving the combos they no doubt have been pushing hard in training. I made the GIF below to show the combo to get inside and then attack the head. This was the first attack to the body Parker did 51 seconds into the fight, and it came off perfectly... and what's more important he is improving quickly using his strength to shrug off any holding by his opponent, thus keeping the pressure on. 

[Image: X1IoyQZ6R5Y9W.gif]
That's what I liked, Naki. Not just the combos to body-then-head. But also the way he manhandled his way out of the clinches.

Cut off the ring well too.

All around impressive - but still against lowly opposition.

-Kiwi
Not lowly, just not top ten. It's very political. AJ is ranked in the top 5 in two alphabets, and has not faced top 20 competition. His opponent, Whyte, this weekend is also undefeated and has not cracked the top 15 in any alphabet. He dropped AJ and beat him in the amateurs.

Kiwi, this comment from Stu Duncan on his facebook page, Izu and Parker's matchmaker, may make you feel better:

Stuart Duncan: will be having his hardest fight to date in April - and his next fight after that will be again another step up. Izu will be having a hard fight (his hardest to date) in April also. It will be a big year for Duco fighters and Im really looking forward to 2016 with our Fox Sports dates building up the Hornet at home here in Oz and working with guys like Kane Cassells and a few others we are looking at.
Really got to agree with Kiwi's terminolagy Die, Mantz was a lowly competitor in terms of ability and quite frankly Duco has all but apologised for last weeks matching. Mike Angove gave me a personal verification that things will hot up in April AND to expect it.

Oh, look forward to AJ's KO of whyte this coming weekend.

The next two fights with Jo are to sell tables and keep him busy..CAN"T WAIT TILL APRIL!! Yes, Jo is ready to climb the hill in my opinion, but the better competition one faces the better you become and this is where he needs to be.
I take issue with the word "lowly." As Bill Clinton said, "it's what your definition of is is." Izu's opponent was ranked #15 a few months back, and Parker's opponent was 14-2 with good sparring with Povetkin. I considered both of them "C" level fighters. Duco apologised because the pundits didn't get their money's worth due to first round KO's. Pundits won't keep watching that. With Parker, it was to "practice" with tall fighters. I do think Duco expected more out of Martz. He was there to survive.

Wish you would use the same criteria with your man AJ as you use with Parker. Parker has faced two guys who were ranked in the top 15, Minto (12th at the time) and Costa (15th at the time). AJ has faced similar competition, but you don't have an issue with his opponents, or his being ranked in the top 5 in two alphabets.

Both guys will be stepping it up: Whyte is not ranked, but should be according to others who are undefeated and ARE ranked. And great news that everyone, including Angove, said April will result in strong opposition. I'm guessing Ustinov for Parker, and a Polish fighter who's in the top 15, or just out of it, for Izu.