Joseph Parker
Hmm. Good point, Diehard.

An old "name" that is familiar here may sell better than a newer Top-5 guy.

Briggs is perfect. Chambers? Arreola? Leapai? Mormeck, Rahman? Solis? Ademek? Ustinov?

Any of those guys might do, perhaps?

-Kiwi.
Agree with the concept. But not sure about Rahman. I didn't watch it, but heard Rahman lost a lot of credibility in the HW super 8 competition. He'd probably be a tougher sell in NZ than elsewhere if that's so...
Ustinov or Briggs would be my preferred options. Briggs for his name and showmanship, where Ustinov would be billed as "the man that retired Tua".
Yes - definitely Briggs, Arreola and Ustinov would be top in NZ, I feel.

Of those, Ustinov should be the easiest to get. "The man who retired Tua." Good angle.

-Kiwi.
Briggs and Arreola have already said no, according to Team Parker. Ustinov is there for the taking, I think. Rahman? No, please??? Believe Adamek has retired. Chambers has moved down to cruiser, if he hasn't already retired. I like Martin, who's a paper ranking, and Glazkov. I see Parker beating either of those guys.
OK guys and dolls.  I gotta good opponent for you, and Parker.  Artur Szpilka.  He's a southpaw from Poland, 6'3", ranked in the top ten in most of the alphabets.  So Izu goes over to Poland to face Saleta or Wawrzyk, and Parker faces Szpilka.  This'll give Parker more experience after facing the lefty Bergman.  AND, Szpilka has only lost to Jennings.

Could be billed as a co-main event with Izu and Parker.  NZ vs Poland.  How good is that?  Poland will try to claim Izu as a Polish fighter.
I think Ustinov is far more likely. Could be in 2016 - NZ.

-Kiwi.
(11-22-2015, 02:55 PM)diehard Wrote: OK guys and dolls.  I gotta good opponent for you, and Parker.  Artur Szpilka.  He's a southpaw from Poland, 6'3", ranked in the top ten in most of the alphabets.  So Izu goes over to Poland to face Saleta or Wawrzyk, and Parker faces Szpilka.  This'll give Parker more experience after facing the lefty Bergman.  AND, Szpilka has only lost to Jennings.

Could be billed as a co-main event with Izu and Parker.  NZ vs Poland.  How good is that?  Poland will try to claim Izu as a Polish fighter.

I think Szpilka is expected to be Wilders next victim in January so would drop him down to the level of Molina and Duhaupus afterwards.

From a promo POV I'd love to see Briggs, Ustinov, Brown, Chisora, Stiverne, Leapai in NZ and think JP beats them all. But as has been said, getting them to sign up is the hardest part.

It's a shame boxing doesn't have one governing body who dictates fights, similar to UFC but less exclusive.
With fights on Sun afternoon in NZ
they broadcast at primetime in USA.

I think that one fact enables them to pay more and bring these guys down

I think Ustinov will be amongst the first

-Kiwi
Would be nice if NZ cards were on a Sunday, so far they seem to mainly go for Thursdays.

Rahman could barely walk during the super8 event, something wrong with his hips, I certainly had some second hand embarrassment for the event promoter.
Briggs is too much of a wild card in my opinion. I know he is older now, but he took everything Klitschko had. EVERYTHING. Without knowing Parker could do 12 hard rounds it could be an upset.
Chambers is back at heavy, but is in the Fury camp. Might be hard to get him down here even if the money is right.
Adamek unretired to beat another unretiring guy. Could fight on, but I don't think he would be up for that level of competition anymore.
Arreola has a fight scheduled. 12th of December vs Travis Kauffman. See how that goes.
Solis is lost to the wind.
Chisora is another wild one where you never know what you will get come fight night. Though his in ring performances have seemingly declined badly.

There is also Robert Helenius who is making a come back after managerial legal disputes took him out of the ring for a couple of years. Is up against Erkan Teper late December. Teper recently destroyed David Prices career, but before that had a decision over Duhaupas. Will be interesting to see where both guys are at after that one.