Joseph Parker
I'd stand in front and get bashed for that sort of money. I'm 6ft 4 and 238lb, so I'd be able to take it for at least 1 round.....hopefully.
Yeah- pretty easy to see why Briggs keeps making a play for the title fight...

Anyone other than Klit would probably be tempted. But the way I see it, Briggs isn't really all that credible any more...
Perfect for any serious prospect that can lure him into the ring though....
Lets say a Half mill (U.S) for Briggs in NZ.

I think he is unlikely for a title fight in the next year.

That would have to tempt any of those "name" guys, surely.

And Duco would still make good money on a fight like that.

-Kiwi
Kiwi, kiwi, kiwi.  Remember what I said:  When you're ranked in the top 5, it isn't about the money.  It's about a title fight.  And no one in the top 5 is going to risk coming into Parker's backyard to fight him and lose a shot at the title.  Tua was ranked #2 by the WBO, and no one would come over here to fight him in the top 10.

Briggs will never, ever fight Klit.  He went on a campaign to humiliate Klit to get a title shot with him.  Klit refused.  Briggs is ranked #5 by the WBA, and has the name and attitude, and probably the hunger for money, to take the fight.  And like you said, I think Briggs would take around half a mil to come on over.   Would probably do it for $200,000 to #300,000 US$.  Only the WBA ranks him in the top 15, and to me, it's only based on the past.  That's why I think he'd do it and no one else.
Isn't that exactly what I was saying, Die?

A former "name" like Briggs or similar?

Half a mill ($U.S.) - very tempting for that type of guy.

Bring it on. Maybe starting in the 2nd half of 2016.

-Kiwi.
Sort of. I thought that when you said "name guy" you were talking about guys in the top 10. I singled out Briggs because he's one of the few guys in the top 10, probably the only one, that just may be able to sell the fight with his name recognition and attitude. In other words, I think Duco could make a profit off him by giving him good coin.
Imagine seeing Briggs on NZ TV screaming "Let's go Champ" at Joseph.... PPV sales would go nuts.
I'm sure they very much have this kind of guy in mind. Yes - it would be a huge boost to boxing in NZ.

Exciting if they can do such a deal

We will see.

-Kiwi.
Yeah, I just don't see other names attracting the same $$$. Maybe Fury. But after he loses to Kiwi early, his ship will have sailed along with the $$$. If you have a look at the top ten, I just can't see anyone taking a risk to come here, or attracting the same $$$. Except for the boxing pundits, most don't know who Glazkov or Martin are. So it would be a hard sell.