Joseph Parker
(11-19-2015, 02:29 AM)cranky Wrote: Nice research tm7.  You do like your lists. Where did you draw the line? Because there are a few unbeaten Europeans above them. Was it just 2 or 3 you thought were too high quality at this stage?

And diehard is right- all I did was draw the link between that forum and this one. Some of the good questions were his and some were actually from another nzboxchat'er that goes by a different handle over there...   Good that we are getting great answers though...

Cheers Cranky, I left out Tyson Fury (no chance), Anthony Joshua (not yet), Robert Helenius (won't be unbeaten for long, although I think JP would beat him easily) and Arnold Gjergjaj (I don't know how tall he is and Stu has mentioned he's said no already)
Also Teper - but I guess he's European champ so not focused outside Europe. And Dilian Whyte, but I guess expecting Joshua takes his "0" shortly...
Oh- I missed the "taller than JP" filter... Now I get it...
(11-19-2015, 04:07 AM)cranky Wrote: Oh- I missed the "taller than JP" filter... Now I get it...

Yea although Teper would be good statement fight. I'd liek to see JP take on David Price while he's easy pickings but still relevant.
I just can't see a top ten guy coming in Parker's back yard. But I guess everyone has their price...exciting times.
[Image: 12219635_907053019360084_110928043950351...057cea0c2f]WBO--Parker at #5, Izu at 15:
I can't see David Price ever fighting again I mean what's the point ? If he was to fight again he's just hurting himself and that's stupid.
What does #5 actually mean diehard? Does this put Joseph into contention for any mandatory opportunities for anyone in the top 10? I get all confused with the different alphabet organisations and their rulings...
Man - that is great news. Number 5 and keeping busy.

Soon fighters will start to accept bouts with Parker to get themselves into the Top 10.

Things are looking up.
NakiFan, I always thought that the champ can fight anyone in the top 15 in any alphabet if they don't have to fight the mandatory.  Usually alphabets say you have to fight the mandatory by a set time, say a year.  Other than that, they can fight whoever they want within the top 15 for the title.  But I'm just guessing here, based on past information.

But no one ranked in the top 10 accepted a bout when he was in the top 10, so #5 doesn't matter, except for status and ego.  I just can't see anyone in the top 10 coming over here to fight Parker.  Weirdly, I thought it would be Martin, not Povetkin, who woulda dropped outta the top 5.