Joseph Parker
This is the level of opposition that Parker will fight in NZ for now on. No way someone better comes down here to fight him. But he'll be going to Europe and the US next year and fight better opposition. Sounds like the WBO, who ranks him the highest, will help him get opponents to advance towards a title.

I'm ok with the two opponents coming up. They're just not PPV opponents, and like Sham, no way I'm paying for it. I like Martz, who is 14-2, a brawler with a good KO record, young, and big. I like Bergman, who's a southpaw, and if Parker hasn't fought a southpaw before, he's perfect. He really needs to keep fighting guys like this, learning his craft, before he fights top ten guys, unless it's the ones who don't deserve to be there, like Glazkov and Martin.
He's not going to fight them though. He's going to KO them in a round or two.
Here's more of the fight with Martz vs Young:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-nAjsIPdVk
(11-11-2015, 05:01 PM)diehard Wrote: Here's more of the fight with Martz vs Young:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-nAjsIPdVk

I enjoyed listening to the commentators. They definitely gave us an insight of the limited boxing background of Daniel Martz.
disgraceful
Sham, do you mean that Martz is disgraceful as an opponent? Do you think he should be fighting better opposition? Who? Right now, Parker is just filling his dance card in the Fight for Life and Samoa. After that, they get serious in the US and Europe. I hope Izu gets some good opponents in his next two fights...
If that's the case then die, sell it as it is. Don't sell it as being the biggest test to date for Parker, or a huge mountain to climb blah blah.
Nigs, I'm not selling it. Duco is. I'm just enjoying the journey. But I'm not paying for it. But Duco has to sell it as something, otherwise people like Sham won't pay. Rossy is fighting Stiverne next weekend? Although only 6'3", he would have been good as an opponent.
Absolutely correct Nigs, you can see it but Die is struggling with it.
The hype and the b/s from KB and Lonergan of course may fool some of the people some of the time,
but not all of the people all the time. These matchups make following Parker absolutely boring.

King Afa could KO Martz in two rounds, I would be confident in saying that.
Yes, bring on Izu, this guy is seriously interesting.