Joseph Parker
Good decision. As I said, he needs to fight in the US or UK to get the fights he wants. Wonder who they were going to match him with in Vegas?
(11-08-2015, 10:41 AM)diehard Wrote: Good decision.  As I said, he needs to fight in the US or UK to get the fights he wants.  Wonder who they were going to match him with in Vegas?

I think bad decision, the exposure with an easy opponent and a KO win would've been huge. And if it is Sol for his Hamilton fight, he can do it with two weeks rest and his hands tied behind his back. If they keep turning down these opportunities, people won't bother asking.
Depends on who the opponent was. With an easy opponent, he might not have even made it onto PPV as they only show three or four of the fights. Guess that would have been a negotiation, but Kathy Duva and KB are tight. Team Parker's time will come for these big fights. Does Team Parker want to jump on these fight with two weeks notice? And possibly getting injured before the Fight for Life? If he did, I can't see Duco making it happen with Parker being the cash cow.

However, I do think he should have gone to Fury's camp.
The two weeks notice issue is irrelevant for JP as he is so active, always fit and in training so shouldn't be an issue. There is risk involved for sure but I think if it were pay-per-view and an agreed opponent I think it would have been worth it. Maybe KB could try to push for Izu to take the spot?
I just think that Team Parker has a schedule and doesn't want to wander away from it. That includes his training site in Vegas, the fight venues and country and the type of opponent. Plus, Duco stands to lose a lot of money if Parker gets hurt for whatever reason.

Izu would be perfect. Hate to say it, but he's more expendable than Parker and needs more exposure, like the fight on November 21st. But in saying that, he and Parker should have the same amount of preparation and care.
"That included a half-hour audience with WBO president Paco Valcárcel, who was fully aware of Parker's talent and had suggested a schedule that would, if he proved successful, get the youngster into being the No 1 mandatory challenger to Klitschko."

Interesting that there was no mention on forging a path towards Deontay Wilder. I would have thought that would have been the pathway that they would take?
Exactly.  Don't want to go chasing rabbits and getting lost.  Yeah, Team Parker was targeting Wilder.  Now Klit.  What they need to do is put themselves in a position to be the mandatory, or the #1 challenger, and then see what's available.  No need to be targeting anyone except who's in front of them, like Glazkov, Martin, or maybe even Briggs or Browne.
Tomorrow will give us at least something to talk about re: the next step. I wonder who they managed to sign up for the next bout...? There is so much speculation around who the next two are from many different boxing forums.
NakiFan, which forums are you looking at? Links please, if you have them, and what/who is that they they are saying Parker will fight? I used to look at Eastside and Boxrec when Tua was fighting for goss, but haven't in ages.
Here you go die:

http://www.boxingscene.com/joseph-parker-stops-meehan-three-remains-unbeaten--96967 (Comments down the bottom)

http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195518