Joseph Parker
The previous overtraining was interesting to me and diet .
Overtraining is common with trainers /fighters think more is better and then hit the ring flat - and at times this has looked the case for JP.
Stamina and recovery are the Key v Zhang - absorb the early rounds and step up the pace and force Zhang to work when he wants to rest.
A win here puts JP as the No1/2 in the world without arguments especially if AJ loses or struggles v Nganno.
Thanks bart. Look forward to seeing it. So JP was overtraining? He should have his training down to a science with Lee. Diet has always been a problem with JP as he cheats. I can tell by his body make-up. He's even admitted to it.
You and kiwi think similarly-absorb the early onslaught and then outwork ZZ to stop him late. AJ loses to Nganno.
Yes Jp had been overtraining before linking with Lockhart. Not sure who did his S & C with KB if anyone but he is taking a professional attitude to it now which can only benefit his performance
Not sure AJ v Nganno- Nganno only has a punchers chance, if AJ in right frame of mind I think he wins by KO, AJ has a opportunity to look a lot better than Fury here.
I do love an upset though
One big key is JP has to let Zhang feel his POWER early - and clip him with HARD counters.

That plus feints and angles will hopefully not let Zhang settle or use his own power well.

I even like JP using explosive power shots similar to the Wilder fight.

Get thru 5 rounds that way and start really wearing the big man down. JP by late TKO.
I can't see JP winning this one as ZZ is too strong and too good a boxer. I said the same thing about Wilder, so we should win this.
(01-28-2024, 01:38 PM)bart Wrote: Lockhart interview pretty interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyRaZa4Vv_8

Just saw it. Very interesting. Sounds like JP discovered science. Sounds like he's in good hands.
Yeah Die it sounds like out of the ring is sorted so its down o game plan skill and will to win . Fitness and diet are on point as he said he is prepared like an elite athlete.
Makes you think the pre JJ sickness was probably accurate
Yep, all sorted. Lee should have the game plan if he's listening to us. But no matter how much Lockhart helps JP, he still needs to avoid ZZ's left hand. Or right hook, according to JJ.
It is true , both those Zhang punches carry insane power and need to be avoided ... make him miss as much as possible- frustrate him while catching him repeatedly with fast counters again offsetting him. He is a big unit make him move when he wants to rest.
Sounds easy.... If Zhang looks comfortable at the pace of the fight JP is in trouble
True. I believe ZZ is 283 pounds. Make him work every minute of every round. Use all that science that Lockhart gave you. Keep ZZ out of his pocket. Angles. I'd be interested in the odds. I bet they'll make it close to an even fight.