Joseph Parker
I think that's fair. He was on their distant radar a year ago. Nothing has happened that should change that...
Only thing that worries me JP v Ustinov is that Ustinov bores his way through 12 rounds with a long jab and a clinch. I still think Parker could work his way in and probably TKO him. But would certainly be a proper test! Shame he's only rated by one organisation
(09-15-2015, 04:51 AM)tm7 Wrote: Any ideas on who JP is fighting in December, assuming he gets past Kali?

IMO, considering he is set to face an easy-beat in Samoa, he should have a decent opponent in December. Realistically, if he were to fight another Top 15 ranked heavyweight in WBO, WBA, WBC, IBF, it would have to be one of this lot:

- Edmund Gerber
- Kyotaro Fujimoto
- Chris Arreola
- Andrey Fedesov
- Steve Cunningham
- Alexander Ustinov
- Antonio Tarver
- Matias Ariel Vidondo
- Vincente Sandez (fighting Charles Martin next week, will drop out of Top 15)

There are others who could be available but nobody who I think Duco would realistically put him in with just yet, Stiverne etc. Also, my gut feeling is it probably won't be any of these guys, maybe Ustinov, maybe Fujimoto, maybe Solomon Haumono.

Honestly I have no idea... does anyone?

Arreola, Molina, Fedesov, Haumono, Fujimoto and Ustinov have already said no, but Ustinov is with a new promoter, so they might try again.

JP hasn't fought a rated spaw yet, so might be better with a Joey Abell or a switch-hitter like Fred Kassi to get some experience before he runs in to a rated spaw like Tarver or TT. We saw what happened to David Price when he underestimated the style difference of fighting a top lefty.
So might not be a top ranked fighter, but JP still needs to be exposed to different styles.
Also Gjerjaj is on the radar apparently
http://boxrec.com/boxer/510397
Dean Lonergan comments around Fujimoto may have burnt team Parker's bridges there
I say don't stop until you get Briggs or Glazkov. Put Lonergan on their ass. Don't let up. Duco needs to pick Glazkov cause of the ranking and Briggs cause of the hype and $$$. He'd sell huge in NZ. I'd even look to get him around half a million to fight Parker. He'd draw HUGE. And Parker would put him on his bum.
I would like to see JP in against Ustinov i think he would KO him hes to slow and lumbering and parkers speed would bamboozle him as for Briggs v Parker i agree with you there Die that would be huge in NZ Briggs would bring massive entertainment value. Im also hopeful that we will see Parker in with Lucas Browne sometime next year it would be a huge fight and sell very well im picking Chagaev to beat browne when they meet early next year then im sure Duco will go after him hard.
Briggs won't fight Parker, he think he's getting a title shot. I also don't see Lucas Browne fighting Parker, he'll lose to badly Chagaev and go back to fighting bums to try and protect his ranking
briggs is going thru mental problems like sham, too old and slow lol

why not david tua? they seem to get opponents already beaten, slow and rust..

is that a fair comment?
That's fair comment fai, well the part about duco getting old done n dusted opponents... I'm looking in the mailbox everyday for a letter calling me out....
I'm tired of just keeping busy, be great for duco to see me first hand against Jo. I have the feeling of being dodged..like you do when your old girlfriends cross the road when they see you walking down Queen St....lol
(09-15-2015, 12:54 PM)diehard Wrote: I say don't stop until you get Briggs or Glazkov.  Put Lonergan on their ass.  Don't let up.  Duco needs to pick Glazkov cause of the ranking and Briggs cause of the hype and $$$.  He'd sell huge in NZ.  I'd even look to get him around half a million to fight Parker.  He'd draw HUGE.  And Parker would put him on his bum.

Die - Glazkov is next in line with the IBF to fight Klitschko, with a big Ukranian payday, so no chance whatsoever. Briggs should never get the chance to fight Klit, but after the last presser performance where Klit pulled his beard, I wouldn't be surprised. He ain't fighting a young lion
I don't think it's going to be easy for Duco to get ranked fighters to come down under and risk their rankings against a dangerous up and comer with hometown advantage.

As for ex-girlfriends, it's usually me crossing the road lol