Joseph Parker
(08-11-2015, 04:45 PM)diehard Wrote: I'm playing Sham.  It was not only a fluke but bogus.  It's just that no one believes me.  How can I convince anyone that it was bogus when respected observers a metre away swear he was out cold?  But no way you can KO a guy like that.  Hence, the infamous Skip Punch.

Hahaha - rising to the bait every time. 
Cracks me up every time you say "Skip Punch"
Thinking of going, so if it happens against Meehan I'll yell it out for you
"That's a Skip Punch!" lol
Die, you were brought up playing hopscotch weren't you mate, how old were you when you paid to go to your 1st boxing tournament....?
Sham, I started playing hopscotch with my two sisters when I was 6 because I didn't have any friends.  When I was 12, I went to my first Golden Gloves tournament.  In the heavyweight division, a fighter was KO'd so bad that he didn't get up for 10 minutes.  Really scared me.  Ever since that time, I've gone back to playing hopscotch.

Sham, you've got my number.  Get a corporate table, and tell Mr Higgins the company name is SKIP PUNCH.  Everyone gets in for free, as long as they yell SKIP PUNCH on your command.  I'll be there in my red fedora hat signing autographs.
A good opponent for Baby Joseph???

Bronco Billy needs rated foe to break into top 15

broncobillyko300
By Karl Freitag

50-year-old heavyweight contender Bronco Billy Wright (48-4, 39 KOs) is currently rated #17 by the WBC. He hasn’t tasted defeat since 1998, currently holds three WBC regional titles and has 15 straight KO wins, but Bronco Billy hasn’t been able to break into the WBC’s top 15. And it doesn’t look like he will until he beats a rated opponent.

We asked WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman what it would take to get Bronco Billy into the top 15. “Billy Wright is an exceptional human being,” said Sulaiman. “Very dear person, family man. A boxer who represents the best of everything. The WBC has done its best to support him, but there is a limit to what the WBC organization can do, because we are not managers or promoters. We have asked Billy to land a fight against a rated opponent, because most of his fights end up being against mediocre opposition. That doesn’t help his case because the committee requests fights and then he can’t land a fight against a rated opponent so it’s been a cycle. One of my goals is to help him find a fight against a fighter who could give him the opportunity to demonstrate what he can do in the higher level.”

Technically, with the 300-pound Wright sitting at #17, he could qualify to challenge WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder, although a vote would be required. Wilder is looking to make a voluntary defense on September 26 with no opponent named so far.
Hmm, 50 years old....and still waiting. Bronco Billy...straight out of the wild west! Too good to be true.

Die, at least you had your two sisters as friends
Think this would be a waste of a fight promotion for JP. But he could do worse I suppose (Julius Long...)
http://boxrec.com/boxer/4809

He'll travel: He beat Chauncy in Auckland last year... Wink
If winner of #29 & #30 WBC becomes #11 (Teper after Price), then winner #17&18 (wright/parker) breaks top 5....?
Looking thru that boxrec record... He fought a guy called Jack Johnson (no- different guy- he's not THAT old) who retired with a 1-24 record....
I guess my thinking is that the WBC is behind him, which is of interest to Team Parker. Plus, he has three regional belts. This may be a good fight for Parker in the new year, after Samoa, if it happens.