Joseph Parker
Gotta keep those options open. Believe he's fighting in Samoa in January, and then the US the rest of the year, going by previous reports.
I wonder if they'll find it easier or harder to get opponents if they fight in the states. I assume one of the positives of fighting over here in the early stages of his career is that Duco were making good money off every fight, so they could offer more. That may not be true in the States.

Look at Saglem, he and his team essentially got a free holiday to NZ.
They won't be making much money when they take him to the States (initially) but its all about exposure. He'll fight another year of tomato cans (which there's plenty of) then his name and ranking will be where its getting noticed.

And Duco know that, that's why they're trying to make as much money as they can down here, by giving small purses. I hope Kali got looked after though.
Duco is in it for the money. They are promoters. With Parker's potential top 5 ranking, there won't be many tomato cans. As Rahman says, if it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense. Look for Duco to sign with Showtime, with PPV in NZ and OZ, and they will do well. Be interesting to know how much coin Parker is on.
Here is the rankings for heavyweight boxers from USA, Canada and Mexico - http://boxrec.com/records

Other heavyweight fighters based in the region include (Boxrec Top 100):
- Vyacheslav Glazkov (UKR)
- Andrey Fedosov (RUS)
- Odlanier Solis (CUB)
- Mariusz Wach (POL)
- Luis Ortiz (CUB)
- Fred Kassi (CAM)
- Oscar Rivas (COL)
- Raphael Zumbano Love (BRA)
- Samuel Peter (NIG)
Good posting tm7 and interesting thanks
Not many/any US fighters in there.  I'd look to fight Glazkov.  He's now living in Florida and ranked in the top 5 in three of the four alphabets.  There's no need to fight guys outside the top 5 once Parker, or if Parker, makes it there.  Why be in the top 5 and fight guys outside it, unless it's a big mega fight?
Interview with Kali - I don't think he'll be scared and he's a tough bugger. Just what JP needs.
Interviewer "Has he got the potential to make it to the top?"
KM "For sure. He's got the right promotional team, he's got the fanbase, but has he got the chin? Nobody knows" (Smiles)

http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/video-kali-meehan-full-interview-on-joseph-parker-fight-2015080418#axzz3iDCk1PnX

(I had to disable my adblocker to get the video to work)
(08-08-2015, 11:18 AM)diehard Wrote: Not many/any US fighters in there.  I'd look to fight Glazkov.  He's now living in Florida and ranked in the top 5 in three of the four alphabets.  There's no need to fight guys outside the top 5 once Parker, or if Parker, makes it there.  Why be in the top 5 and fight guys outside it, unless it's a big mega fight?

None of the names are from the US. My post has a link to all US, Canada and Mexico heavyweights at the top. The list is other internationals living in the US
tm7.. when I clicked your link I got all "world" heavyweights, not just north america... looks like we need to drop down a few places on the top dropdown menu when we click your link. I haven't used that filter before- interesting....