Joseph Parker
It will be ppv - no way it should be though.
I won't pay for it. Parker still owes me for the last fight
Looks like it's over
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/boxing-exclusive-joseph-parker-splits-with-trainer-kevin-barry/S4Z3OOYNZUI2YCWP4QRLMK32WQ/
IMO this split with KB would have been about JP not wanting to go back to the US after being with his family in NZ for so long, and fair enough too. I reckon it had little to do with his unhappiness with KB as his trainer.

Going to be interesting to see who will be JPs new trainer...and if he improves.
Wow even though I wanted it I didn't expect it to happen, hopefully he has a plan in place who it will be and not lose time finding someone.
Is City kickboxing a better move ?
Teddy Atlas
Sugar Hill

A Uk trainer ??
Confirmed: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/124443008/joseph-parker-confirms-split-with-longtime-trainer-kevin-barry

“Without Kevin I wouldn’t be where I am today,” Parker said.

“Together we made it to the very top. Kevin was with me every step of the way, guiding my progress inside and outside of the ring. So it is with genuine sadness that I confirm our partnership has come to an end.

“But the time just feels right. It’s fitting that we closed this chapter of my career with a win in front of a great home crowd in Auckland, and with bigger things just on the horizon.

“I know Kevin will always be in my corner.”

Barry, a former Olympic silver medallist, said he and Parker felt the time was right for them both to move on.

“I’m hugely proud to have played a part in New Zealand and Samoa crowning their first heavyweight world champion,” Barry said.

“It has been an amazing journey with Joseph and Team Parker. But all journeys must come to an end, and the time is right for myself and Joseph to go in our own directions.

“I have been in New Zealand for five months now, away from my family and my other fighters. I have three guys fighting for world titles this year and have responsibilities with them and a few new guys.

“It’s not possible for me to stay in New Zealand any longer. For Joe, he has a wife and three young girls in New Zealand, and he wishes to spend more time here.

“I totally understand this and will always be in his corner and support him. We have always had a very close bond and I want nothing but the best for him. We have achieved so much together. It has been one heck of an amazing journey.”

Parker’s manager David Higgins confirmed the split was by mutual agreement.

“With Kevin based in Las Vegas and Joseph keen to spend more time in New Zealand – and not to mention the restrictions on travel created by Covid-19 – this was a natural time for one of New Zealand’s most successful sporting partnerships to come to a close,” Higgins said.

“I’d personally like to pay tribute to Kevin. He worked tirelessly to make sure Joseph capitalised on his natural talent, and the results have been there for all to see. Kevin’s place in history as New Zealand’s finest boxing trainer is well and truly secure.”

There has been no announcement on who Parker’s next trainer will be.
I guess the only place he could go to is CKB if he wants to stay in NZ.
If he does go to CKB what does it say about his ambition?
Just wanting an easy ride in NZ?
Or does he think CKB have the capability to improve him to get back to world level?
I hope whatever he does its hit the ground running and he doesn't lose ground finding coaches and sacrificing the Chisora fight.
Saw that your post was deleted mippy. I thought it was good.

Anyway, can't take away what JP and KB accomplished. Went to the mountain top. Got a belt. Good fights. Went ok-ish against AJ and nearly beat Whyte. Wish them all the best. This was the right decision. Given Covid, and his needing to remain in NZ with his family, City Kickboxing is probably the way to go. In his day, Sham and Chris Martin woulda sorted him out.
Wow - a big change.

The question is - how will this affect things against Chisora? A must-win fight.