Joseph Parker
I know Will Quarrie is a good guy, but maybe his evidence might be a little sketchy after the knockout he got. I wouldn't be able to stop seeing double for a couple of days after a shot like that. It's on the start of the video on this link
http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/70748774/kaleni-taetuli-wants-to-ko-brown-buttabean-dave-letele-again
That was a brutal KO, and a bad match-up. A club fighter has no business getting in there with Izu.
Ok Die
I wasn't at the fight so I can only go by the footage and personal experience

Despite talk of back of the head forehead whatever.. The slo mo shows Tupou copped it on the temple
I don't believe it has to be narrowly focused , a fist in a glove on the temple will do the biz believe me.

A punch at that level , kind of low and to the side can generate a lot of power . Even if it's short.
More so often than one coming from a higher plane and extended further from ones body

We agreed on the blindness of the nrl video ref , I guess we can agree to disagree on this one
(08-02-2015, 05:49 PM)Westywarrior Wrote: Ok Die
I wasn't at the fight so I can only go by the footage and personal experience

Despite talk of back of the head forehead whatever.. The slo mo shows Tupou copped it on the temple
I don't believe it has to be narrowly focused , a fist in a glove on the temple will do the biz believe me.

A punch at that level , kind of low and to the side can generate a lot of power . Even if it's short.
More so often than one coming from a higher plane and extended further from ones body

We agreed on the blindness of the nrl video ref , I guess we can agree to disagree on this one

Mate - I was at the game, and have seen plenty of League. The Ref called No Try before the review. League isn't like Rugby. When you lose control of the ball - no matter where it goes, it's pretty much a knock on. I was gutted, but it wasn't the worst decision i've seen.
We lost because the mountain of possession and territory we had in the first half was used by clunky backplays that ended up with the ball being thrown behind somebody or at their feet. Also the Sharks defended brilliantly. Let it go lol 

Sorry if i wasnt meant to put this on a boxing thread
Hey Westy, we agree that gothe is wrong on the Warriors! Didn't Mannering roll it behind him after he was tackled? Just asking. Love my Warriors.

Gothe, all reports say it was the top of the head, not the temple. Otherwise, I'd agree with you about the KO.
(08-02-2015, 06:35 PM)diehard Wrote: Hey Westy, we agree that gothe is wrong on the Warriors!  Didn't Mannering roll it behind him after he was tackled?  Just asking.  Love my Warriors.

Gothe, all reports say it was the top of the head, not the temple.  Otherwise, I'd agree with you about the KO.
Maybe I am blind lol - the screens at the game are pretty rubbish when you're near halfway
If you want a good actor - I don't think a religious man like Bowie, fighting for his career, is going to practice making his eyes go white as he falls face first to the floor
Gothe, it's a mystery. That's why I asked Sham what he thought. He's good at solving mysteries.

Nah, gothe. What I'm asking is when he lost the ball. From the tv screen, he rolled it out the back.
(08-02-2015, 06:57 PM)diehard Wrote: Gothe, it's a mystery.  That's why I asked Sham what he thought.  He's good at solving mysteries.

Nah, gothe.  What I'm asking is when he lost the ball.  From the tv screen, he rolled it out the back.
I agree - of course I wanted that to be the call, but I've seen plenty of times on a league field where the ball has obviously gone back and been called a "knock on". In league just losing control of the ball seems to be a knock on. 

Hopefully Sham can solve our mystery lol
It wasnt a devastating and difinitive ko like Will Quarrie's, it just gave room for some questions and rightly so. It is the boxing money game afterall.
I saw what you did with that last play by the warriors Die. Looked a deadset try to me, video ref could have overturned but why would the Nrl look after the warriors eh.

Naki , sure they could have won the game earlier with more cohesion when they had possession. But it's a young side with a lot of players out including the main playmaker.
It's not even about getting over not winning or something. This season was relegated to building for a big one next year already

Na I don't buy that stuff whereby you can't call out officials over bad calls.
We would have lost anyway lines is sheeple bullshit in my book, call it for what it is I say