Joseph Parker
What this guy said
"I was skeptical, but watch it in slow-motion, frame-by-frame: Parker's right hand
lands on or near Tupou's right temple - incredibly rare shot. Real."
I still haven't seen it yet. Aargh... Will shortly. But it doesn't make sense that tupou would lose 10+ kg and spar with Aussies top 3 HWs, with a pro like fenech in his corner, only to take a dive. Makes no sense at all. Has to be legit, right?
(08-02-2015, 02:10 AM)cranky Wrote: I still haven't seen it yet. Aargh... Will shortly. But it doesn't make sense that tupou would lose 10+ kg and spar with Aussies top 3 HWs, with a pro like fenech in his corner, only to take a dive. Makes no sense at all. Has to be legit, right?

Especially not the way he came out so aggresive. He was trying to hurt Joseph. It's not like he could have made a load of money on a fix - Parker was paying $1.07 at the first round bell
Fights up on YouTube if you want to check it out.
The 'phantom' punch looks legit to me , Tupou puts his head forward right into the arc of Parkers right hand coming through , he was out before he could hit the floor
(08-02-2015, 01:38 AM)gothenaki Wrote:
(08-02-2015, 01:24 AM)Thepaulz Wrote: What about Ustinov? Too risky or good match up?

I've got a feeling you could be right - especially with his history of finishing off Tua
He's slow but well respected in the division - he's only lost once in 32 fights!
He fought Travis Walker last month as well,2nd round stoppage win....I think it would be a good test for Parker IMO, 
Wasn't this lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkmrmrnD1d8
Just saw it. Yep. There's a view they show from side on where you see Jo's glove connect solidly, and deflects upwards. Definitive, and solid connection.
Joseph Parker stuns Bowie Tupou with first round knockout in Invercargill
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/70748622/Joseph-Parker-stuns-Bowie-Tupou-with-first-round-knockout-in-Invercargill

A picture of the punch on this page, looks like connected ok
Tupou was swinging like a novice and some of them wernt placed punches at all. I said to the missus that Parker must have got him with the left, but no, that didn't happen either.
I thought it might have been the left as well Sham, but it was just a weird shot with bad camera angles.

The video on the link ThePaulz posted showed a camera angle that I didn't see from the live show or its replays, so I made a gif of both.

You can see the bounce of Parkers right hand after impact.
[Image: Angle_One.gif]

Angle two.
[Image: Angle_Two.gif]