Joseph Parker
Something will happen that gives him an opening.

Watch and see....
Agree Kiiwi
Alot is going to happen after Saudi. ! or 2 belts could open up- meaning pathways to titles so more opportunities.
Hopefully Eddie has a plan for JP -doesn't look like he has been a priority as yet but again with those pathways becoming available maybe he has something in mind
he will only fight people on the hearn roster. so most guys are out and there are allot signing with ESPN. Chisor, uysk, Whyte AJ and hughie fury. There also Zhang. also I think pulling out of the fight with Chisora will have angered Eddie to have to replace him with price as well as the criticism. not good moves IMO. as you head to the bottom of the pack. also if things reported are to be believed then Parker would have got the tv money from aj in Saudi which would have made it a very expensive fight as nz tv rights would have bought allot of cash in
So markk, given that he can only fight guys on the hearn roster, who would be available for Parker to fight? Man, he's dug a hole for himself.
he has a 3 fight contract but it may be over 2-3 years. it doesn't start till the first fight usually. so he may get left on the side line for a long time. I'd say Eddie will match Chisora vs uysk as it will sell tickets and ppv in uk. uysk doesn't bring the cash in in the USA market or uk market so he needs a popular opponent. look for uysk to fight Whyte next for title again as it will sell. I think Parker will get Chisora after he has lost to uysk. I doubt Parker will fight Zhang as a southpaw so I could se a Hughie Fury rematch happening or even Povetkin or hunter regardless of who wins. So my top 3 will be hunter, Povetkin or Hughie in no particular order
That's pretty slim pickens. Especially over 2-3 years. Parker needs to fight someone in the top 5-10 to get back in the mix for a title shot. These three don't do it, unless he dramatically ko's them.
winner of Povetkin v Hunter if successful then Whyte or Usyk
have to wait and see if signing with Eddie was good idea.
Hindsight maybe staying with Higgins/Arum combo may have opened the market more
My bad.  Povetkin is ranked #5 and Hunter #7, so they would be good.  Just don't want Joe getting out of the top 10 with opponents if he's gonna make those fights.  Personally, I'd target Hunter if he gets past Povetkin, as he's an up and comer.  Of course, the question has to be asked, why would he fight Parker?  It used to be that KB would target a fighter for Tua, and sometimes Parker, to make it seem like everyone is scared of him.  While a bit amateurish, it seemed to work with AJ, especially given that Parker's earnings were way better than in the beginning of the negotiation.  Mr Higgins did the same.  So, that's what KB/Higgins needs to do to get a good fight.  Parker bitchin' about Chisora after dropping out won't do it.
(11-27-2019, 11:17 AM)diehard Wrote: My bad.  Povetkin is ranked #5 and Hunter #7, so they would be good.  Just don't want Joe getting out of the top 10 with opponents if he's gonna make those fights.  Personally, I'd target Hunter if he gets past Povetkin, as he's an up and comer.  Of course, the question has to be asked, why would he fight Parker?  It used to be that KB would target a fighter for Tua, and sometimes Parker, to make it seem like everyone is scared of him.  While a bit amateurish, it seemed to work with AJ, especially given that Parker's earnings were way better than in the beginning of the negotiation.  Mr Higgins did the same.  So, that's what KB/Higgins needs to do to get a good fight.  Parker bitchin' about Chisora after dropping out won't do it.

yeah i think for mine its just a different landscape with 3 tv networks/streaing services with 3 promoter/advisors controlling everything. I'd say that Parker got an extension slapped on him for not fighting chisora. Normally if you turn a fight down you will be extended. the control is completely in eddies hands now. no matter what KB or Higgins do. Thats why i put Hemi and Junior with Dibella who works with all of the big 3 so as t take the right fights at the right time. 
Markk, what does "extended" mean? You mean, in terms of when the 3 fights need to be completed? I think Parker is screwed from what you said above. Eddie will use Parker pulling out and not fighting but once in 2019 as a reason to screw him over. Truth be told, Parker did it to himself by deciding to take a long vacation.

Just looked up Parker's agreement with Hearn. Three years for $6 million. Can't see Parker getting that money unless he fights top opposition in the UK: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/113142999/joseph-parker-signs-with-british-promoter-eddie-hearn-for-6m-threefight-deal