Joseph Parker
Being in Jeff Horn's hometown, he would likely be the main event so they won't want to spend a lot on JP's undercard opponent. I agree with Justafan in that Haumono has a good record but would be a good KO for JP in the Aussie market and make him a big name for future PPV's sold over there.

Also, regardless of haumono's ranking etc, people still know who he is and would be more interested than the Yakup Saglam/Jason Pettaway fights for example
(07-16-2015, 03:05 AM)tm7 Wrote: Also, regardless of haumono's ranking etc, people still know who he is and would be more interested than the Yakup Saglam/Jason Pettaway fights for example

Exactly ...
OK, I'm beginning to see your point. Bring on Haumono!
(07-05-2015, 06:33 PM)diehard Wrote: I think people are taking Tupou too lightly.  I can see him winning this.  Hope not.  If Parker wins in dramatic fashion, he deserves his top ten spot.

rubbish die..Joe will end him in later rounds..Jo is too fast and sleek!!
looks like JP is putting on a bit of muscle - be interesting to see what he weighs in at
https://twitter.com/joeboxerparker
a few posts down "earned not given" - like the beard too, makes him look mean

He's only 23, so if he keeps working as hard as he is and "growing in" to his body, he'll be a total beast.
Looks like total commitment and dedication
Looks ain't everything, however conditioning is as important as technical development
I was checking out the WBC rankings to try figure how high Teper is gonna fly with that KO2 of Price. They were 29th and 30th ranked with WBC respectively.

Just realized that Parker leapt from 31 prior to Saglam, to 21 after. And as far as I know, Saglam wasn't even ranked with them.
So firstly, Parker has quietly made progress there...

But, if Parker can leap 10 places with a second round KO of a nobody, then Teper doing the same thing to someone ranked in the WBC's top 30 surely has to get Teper into the top 15?
Interesting for sure to see what happens. This sort of guy could spring a surprise on Jo, dangerous and confident. Was totally unafraid of Price.
Would be a good match-up for Parker. IF, he can beat Tupou. I'm not convinced, yet.
(07-19-2015, 08:48 PM)diehard Wrote: Would be a good match-up for Parker.  IF, he can beat Tupou.  I'm not convinced, yet.

I'm guessing you're not a boxing advisor for the TAB then. 
They have Parker at $1.08 and Tupou at $7

Teper would be a dangerous fight for Parker right now, with JP's habit of keeping his left hand low. Teper has a very solid overhand right and he's 6'5.
Teper is also probably eyeing a title shot, so not much value for him in facing Parker while he has the 0