Joseph Parker
Bloody amazing the slant duco and Barry had on that. Unbelievable really they downgrade Kyotara and Browne to the Nz public as cowards in the face of Parker
i get annoyed when the average joe calls a fighter a coward, but it irks me even more when a fighter calls another fighter a coward. they of all people should know the courage and hard work that goes into stepping in the ring.
Too true Nigs, there are no cowards in the fioght ring mate
Just to clarify, it was Duco, not Parker, who called Kyotaro and Browne cowards. Parker is too respectful to do that. And even more to the point, it was Lonergan, not Mr Higgins, who did so. Sounds like both fighters were angling for a title shot.

Justafan, I think the heavyweight division is hot now! Sure, some of those fighters are a year or two away from fighting for a title, but if you remove Klit, it's a mad scramble. And I DO like Klit at the top. Gives them all a goal to reach.
If the card ends up in Brisbane, I agree with others (like tm7) who have noticed Solomon Haumono's warm up fight.
Haumono vs Parker anyone?
Apparently Leapai and Meehan are asking for too much, and Haumono is being offered a good payday.

Would be a good fight for Parker - his father Maile Haumono was an Australian heavyweight champion.
I noticed when Duco were talking about fighting Kyotaro for the OPBF Heavyweight belt, Haumono chimed in and said he thought the belt still belonged to him, which could have started the dialogue?

I think it would be a good fight and relatively cheap from Duco's POV
Haumono would be cheap in terms of a pay out, but I don't think Duco would get the PPV sales it has previously. Given Haumono's inactivity and ranking, it would be a stay busy fight.
There is no doubt in my mind that Duco will have a league slant on this to promote the fight (if it happens) and a weaker opponent that Parker can stop might be just what they are after.
Don't think they will take a big risk fight away from Auckland or the states and Parker will look impressive to Oz punters with a big knock out
Can't see Duco going to Brisbane and not Auckland.  More money in Auckland.  Haumono?  I don't think he offers anything.  It'll need to be someone with a regional belt and ranked in the top 15.  Haumono doesn't have enough hype for the punters.
What I'm thinking is that they'll go to Brisbane AND Auckland, just not sure which order. Can't see why Lonergan and Horn would mention it with such enthusiasm otherwise. I suspect they'd rather have Leapai or Meehan, but if they're asking too much, Haumono would pull a lot more Aussie viewers than a Szpilka or Fujimoto
Also Haumono won the regional OPBF title when he beat Fujimoto and never lost it, so that could be the regional you're looking for Die?