Joseph Parker
Yep... this is going to end early, wont be buying it as i think it'll be all over in 2 rounds with JP putting him on his backside. You tube for me Wink
This fight is a farce. Thank you gothenaki for shedding light on the fact - your comment regarding bums is spot on. I mentioned credibility
in an earlier post - this fight has none.. The crap promoters are spinning to talk up Saglam will leave the paying customer underwhelmed and further erode
the credibility of their campaign.

Predictions? Parker by KO in the round that his handlers have selected - which will be early, so as to not fully expose the patsy that Saglam is. If this was a real fight it would be over in 1. Poor Joseph.

Like you Dannyboy I won't be buying either..
(06-12-2015, 01:40 PM)Veritas Wrote: This fight is a farce.  Thank you gothenaki for shedding light on the fact - your comment regarding bums is spot on.  I mentioned credibility
in an earlier post - this fight has none..  The crap promoters are spinning to talk up Saglam will leave the paying customer underwhelmed and further erode
the credibility of their campaign.

Predictions? Parker by KO in the round that his handlers have selected - which will be early, so as to not fully expose the patsy that Saglam is.   If this was a real fight it would be over in 1.   Poor Joseph.

Like you Dannyboy I won't be buying either..

Diehard will buy it
I reckon it'll go 4 or 5 rounds, Saglem looks like he can take a punch or 50
Sham, I'm leaving for Singapore to teach tomorrow morning for next week. Don't think I would buy it, but if the opponent is better in August, I might. Like to support NZ boxers and companies (Duco).
Joseph Parker's fight in Invercargill to go global through ESPN
Boxing promoter Dean Lonergan says a deal with television giant ESPN showcases just why Joseph Parker can become a star on the world stage while still fighting in places like Invercargill.

Parker will fight in Palmerston North on Saturday and then is scheduled to fight at ILT Stadium Southland in invercargill on August 1.

His promoters Duco Events confirmed on Friday they had signed a deal with ESPN to screen Parker's fight in Palmerston North live into American. The likelihood is that deal will be extend to the Invercargill fight in August as well.

Lonergan said it was a boost as they try to grow Parker's brand on the international stage, while still fighting in provincial New Zealand.

"I've heard many people on radio and TV shows scoffing that we would go to Palmerston North or Invercargill, it's a long way from Caesers Palace and the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. But I would guarantee you we would get greater support, and we would get more people coming to our events in these regions that actually pay, than 90 percent of the boxing shows that take place in Las Vegas," he said.

"Right now I'd much rather Joseph Parker be plying his trade in Invercargill than probably anywhere else in the country. Simply because the response we have had in the deep south has been nothing short of amazing. I can see this being a the first of many high profile events we bring to Invercargill."

"From our point of view this might turn out to be a very long term love affair with invercargill," he said.

The Invercargill Licensing Trust, Community Trust of Southland, Invercargill City Council, and Venture Southland struck a deal with Duco to bring the Parker fight to Invercargill on August 1. Lonergan felt the contract with ESPN would help provide another return for those organisation's investment.

"The best thing we can do is have Mayor Tim Shadbolt opening an oyster and eating it on August 1 and put it global. The world should know about the great delicacies of the deep south."

ESPN boxing writer Dan Rafael, an unashamed fan of Parker, announced the television deal with Duco telling his audience Parker is "most definitely worth taking a look at."

"New Zealand's Joseph Parker is one of the best heavyweight prospects in boxing - just ask champion Wladimir Klitschko, who had nothing but good things to say about the 23-year-old after having him in a recent training camp to spar," Rafael wrote.

Parker's opponent for the fight in Invercargill is expected to be named within the next week.

Lonergan said the likely opponent had yet to sign the contract, but added he was ranked in the top 15 in one of the world boxing organisations.

- The Southland Times
That all sound good Die! ESPN and a top 15 opponent for Invercargill. I know the rankings are mercurial, but top 15 would be good for JP
The weigh-in and story:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/69342798/big-hitters-joseph-parker-and-yakup-saglam-going-after-knock-out
Quick look through the rankings, looking for a top 15 - my guess is Bowie Tupou
Yep, sounds about right. Good find gothe. Hard to believe he's ranked #13 given his record. He was a huge prospect early on. His trainer used to post on here a lot. Think he won his first 10 fights until he faced Demetrius King, who KO'd him in 2. He's a huge disappointment given the expectations. Anyway, he's from OZ, so it's definitely a possibility. Would have preferred de Mori, who's ranked higher.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=348804&cat=boxer