Joseph Parker
(05-23-2015, 11:33 PM)Daneo Wrote: With Leapai losing lady night does that pave the way for Parker to take him on at the end of the year or early next?

Hope so Daneo. Leapai looked slow and gassed early. Parker might want to watch how hard he hits him though...
This from Malik Scott - "I keep saying I broke my hand but it’s actually a bad fracture. Leapai’s head should be considered a weapon for how hard it is."
Leapai said he wouldn't fight Parker unless it was a step towards fighting for the title, and Parker was in his way. Not now. Leapai is moving away towards the title, and Parker towards the title. He needs to fight a guy who's in the mix, and going in the same direction as he is.
On bringing Joseph against top fighters too quickly - Povetkin fought Chris Byrd and Eddie Chambers for his 14th and 15th fights.... Parker seems a way off getting a fight of that quality
Yeah, well. Parker is not Povetkin. Not even close. Love Povetkin. Have a look at his opposition throughout his career. http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=318081&cat=boxer He was fighting top guys even before Byrd and Chambers. He would have given Klit a much better fight, and even beaten him (sorry Sham) if Klit hadn't octupussed him all nite.
Nah Die it only went to 7 and he had no answer to a jump in power left hook. So this becomes another could have been would have bee... Klit got him good. Won the fight as a matter of fact lol
Sham, that's what you call Klit now? Toto? Oh my goodness. Of course Klit won. And fairly. Well, sort of. What I'm saying is that Klit resulted to his huggy bear behaviour, learned from Manny, and Povetkin couldn't get off. Bad reffing. But if you can get away with it...Anyway, I just wanted to see a good fight. Klit had a very credible opponent. It was a woulda, coulda, shoulda sort of situation. We'll never know. But, I see Povetkin stopping Wilder, and re-matching Klit with a different ref. Klit would probably still win, but I think Povetkin is the best opponent out there for Klit. Him and Parker.
Apparently Leapai is keen;

“We took the fight on short notice and it showed,” Leapai’s trainer Noel Thornberry told The Sunday Mail.
“Alex had trouble putting punches together in combinations and that’s just from a lack of match fitness.
“But it was still a creditable performance against a top heavyweight and Alex has a lot more wins still in him.
“We’re looking at securing a fight with Lucas Browne in Australia and Joseph Parker in New Zealand as soon as we can.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/boxing-mma/alex-leapai-v-manuel-charr-aussie-heavyweight-outpointed-over-10-rounds-in-moscow-bout/story-fnii0bqi-1227366108438
Forget Leapai.  He's on the way down the rankings (or is it up).  Anyway, he's gone as far as fighting meaningful fights.  Definitely should not have taken the Charr fight on short notice.  Bad of Thornberry to do that.  Hey, how about Charr?  He's not ranked, though.  Probably cause he lost to Duhaupas.  Or how about him?  Both have good records.  Has fought tough guys.  Along with Saglam, can keep the German connection.
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=314362&cat=boxer
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=238766&cat=boxer
Leapai is better than anyone Parker has fought before diehard.
More money with the Aussie/Kiwi thing and Parker gets to fight in NZ so Duco make that money.
Less of a risk because he's shorter.

Charr and Duhaupas think they're contenders so will avoid Joseph like the plague.

Duco were keen on this fight before, and they will be even keener now Leapai is cheaper

Also a good chance to win a heap of Leapai's Aussie and Samoan fans
Charr and Duhaupas are out of the top 10, with Duhaupas only being #15 in one of the alphabets, so they'd be keen to fight a guy ranked #8, and #10. Definitely, Leapai is the best Parker would have fought. But Leapai now wants this fight for the $$$ but also because he is desperate. He lost to a guy (Charr) who's not even in the top 15 in any alphabet. Yep, he'd definitely come cheaper, but he's got nothing to lose and will go hell for leather. Parker has a lot to lose. And he's never fought a banger like Leapai before. Stay away from guys who are desperate and are on the tail end of their career. That would include Meehan, who I think could also beat Parker. Both fighters are high risk, low gain.