Joseph Parker
I guess what I'm saying is that Parker is being matched perfectly. Do we really want him in against an A level fighter and get KO'd? I'm afraid that would ruin his career. He's only had, what 14 fights? Let Baby Joseph progress slowly but surely until he corrects his mistakes, weaknesses that Veritas has so graciously volunteered.

Right now, I don't know whether he would get KO'd by a guy like Chisora, or KO him. I'm not even sure which way it will go with Saglam.
The padding on Saglam's record puts a wonder bra to shame. They should try to get someone like Tupou for August, not a world beater but a step up from Saglam.
Now Tupou is a good example. Moved him too fast, he lost a couple of fights after what, 10 straight wins, and now he's just making up the numbers.

But, is Saglam's record any more padded than Parker's? At least he's been in with some former top 10 guys. Parker hasn't.
I think the way Veritas explained it his mistakes may never be fixed up in the present regime to be ready for A level fighters. Remember Joshua is stepping up after less fights than Jo and already has formidable power and ko record.
Solis is the only guy close to top 10, Charr wasn't close and both guys stopped him. Parker has fought roughly the same amount of guys with winning records in 13 fights that Saglem has fought in 38.
(05-21-2015, 06:10 PM)shamrock Wrote: I think the way Veritas explained it his mistakes may never be fixed up in the present regime to be ready for A level fighters. Remember Joshua is stepping up after less fights than Jo and already has formidable power and ko record.

Remember that Joshua has Matchroom behind him, Johnson is experienced but limited. 
Both Solis and Charr fought for the title. Parker hasn't fought anyone who's fought for the title. So at least Saglam fought two guys who fought for the title. Yes, they got KO'd, but they are better opponents than Parker has fought.

Sham, what Veritas stated as Parker's weaknesses can all be fixed. They need you though, to get on a plane to Vegas and help them out.

You guys rip Parker for not fighting A level fighters, and then say he'll get KO'd by them. No, he's fighting the right level of opponent at this point in his career.
(05-21-2015, 08:05 PM)diehard Wrote: Both Solis and Charr fought for the title.  Parker hasn't fought anyone who's fought for the title.  So at least Saglam fought two guys who fought for the title.  Yes, they got KO'd, but they are better opponents than Parker has fought.

Sham, what Veritas stated as Parker's weaknesses can all be fixed.  They need you though, to get on a plane to Vegas and help them out.  

You guys rip Parker for not fighting A level fighters, and then say he'll get KO'd by them.  No, he's fighting the right level of opponent at this point in his career.

Did you forget Botha? He fought for a belt 4 times, does that count? Minto fought Huck for a Cruiserweight belt, does that count? Using that reasoning has too many inconsistencies. 

This is an easy win for Parker!
Jamieson, nope, doesn't count. Botha was too old and not even close to his prime. Minto? Yep, that woulda counted, even at cruiser, but not with a broken nose.

OK, you're Duco. Who would you pit Parker against? Top ten? Is he good enough? B level? Too easy? I'm not convinced that Parker will win against Saglam. Just don't know how good Parker is, as he hasn't faced a top 20 guy yet.
(05-21-2015, 09:01 PM)diehard Wrote: Jamieson, nope, doesn't count.  Botha was too old and not even close to his prime.  Minto?  Yep, that woulda counted, even at cruiser, but not with a broken nose.  

OK, you're Duco.  Who would you pit Parker against?  Top ten?  Is he good enough?  B level?  Too easy?  I'm not convinced that Parker will win against Saglam.  Just don't know how good Parker is, as he hasn't faced a top 20 guy yet.

You never mentioned any criteria in your original post, only that Parker hadn't fought anyone who's fought for a title, which he has. I could list a whole heap of criteria on Charr and Solis.

Why does he need to fight top 10? Kevin Johnson ain't top 10! I think Tupou would be a solid oppnent next up, at least he is ranked in the top 15 with the WBO