Joseph Parker
when is Joe going to put it ALL on the line?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/116581247/joseph-parker-back-training-eager-to-fight-after-health-setback
Joe didnt look too unwell when he was out clubbing with tyson fury on the weekend, i must say.
(10-21-2019, 12:55 AM)Infern0 Wrote: Joe didnt look too unwell when he was out clubbing with tyson fury on the weekend, i must say.

...and how do you know this? Pictures. Pray tell.
Joseph Parker opens up on spider bite that has stalled his boxing career
Duncan Johnstone

Kiwi heavyweight Joseph Parker works the pads with power during a training session at his Las Vegas base.
A small purple spot above Joe Parker's right knee is a nagging reminder of how quickly things can change.

It's all that's left of the suspected spider's bite that has cost him a chance to get himself back into the heavyweight title talk.

Parker was due to fight Britain's Dereck Chisora in London this weekend. Instead, he's still in Las Vegas and finally back into training, desperately looking for a replacement fight before the end of the year but not holding out great hopes of that.

New Zealand heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker is desperate for a fight after regaining his full fitness.
Parker has opened up on the dramatic turn of events for the first time, speaking of his immense frustrations.

"I left New Zealand with a little hole in my leg, like someone had put a cigarette out on it and I had no idea how I got it," Parker told Stuff.

"I didn't think much of it as I was feeling great … I felt like I'd taken my training to the next level at home and I arrived in camp in great shape.

"I was so excited about fighting Chisora because we had chased this fight for so long."

Parker said he began getting concerned once he started the sparring phase of his camp.

"My energy levels were just zapped. We had been sparring six to eight rounds and then I couldn't complete two rounds."

Parker was also having trouble sleeping, he was sweating a lot and having bad body cramps around his stomach and neck.

Taken to a doctor, the spider bite theory emerged, as they struggled to find the exact source of the problem. Parker underwent blood tests, was given medication and ordered to take three weeks rest.

It was a dark time for him, his consolation being that he had his partner and three young children with him to help him through it.

Joseph Parker is back training with coach Kevin Barry in Las Vegas.
He was also feeling bad about letting down his new British promoter, Eddie Hearn at Matchroom Boxing. This was to be Parker's second bout in a three-fight deal, a huge opportunity on a big stage, and he knew the impact his late withdrawal would have on the promotion.

Under normal circumstances Parker said he would have returned home. But his team felt the best policy was to stay in Las Vegas, recover and get back into training to be ready for a call to action.

Cleared to train again, Parker says he is now "100 per cent" into it though he isn't sparring because he doesn't have an opponent to prepare for.

Getting another fight before the end of the year is becoming increasingly difficult.

"It's proving really hard to get something locked in … there just doesn't seem to be anything out there at the moment.

"This is such a hard position to be in and it has shown me how tough it is if you miss an opportunity."

Joseph Parker's dominant win over Australian Alex Leapai in June could be his only fight this year if he can't find an opponent quickly.
If Chisora wins against replacement fighter David Price this weekend, there is hope that fight could be resurrected. Chisora has aired a willingness to give Parker another go.

It would be highly marketable. Parker has heard Chisora's taunts about the Spider bite and the Kiwi "bitching out" of the fight.

But he's adamant he'd get into the ring with Chisora in a heartbeat.

"I know what he has been saying and that just makes me want to punch his face in even more," Parker said.

"I'll chase anyone. I'm in a position now where I have to. I will fight Dereck Chisora, Dillian Whyte or anyone as long as it makes sense."

Parker had hopes of getting on the undercard to the world title rematch in Saudi Arabia between new champion Andy Ruiz and Anthony Joshua, but that doesn't appear an option. There is a British date in late December that might offer an opportunity otherwise Parker is resigned to holding off until around February.

That would mean a disastrous 2019 in his attempts to rebuild his outstanding career after he lost his WBO title to Joshua last year and was then controversially beaten by Whyte in London.

Parker rebounded to see off American-Mexican Alexander Flores inside three rounds late last year.

He then got signed by Hearn to much acclaim and with his hopes sky-high.

But Parker has only fought Australian Alex Leapai in the United States this year, earning a 10th round stoppage in June to take his career to 26-2.

Then a tiny spider appears to have done what most boxers couldn't by flooring the big Kiwi heavyweight.

It's been a difficult lesson for the 27-year-old even though it was out of his control.

The pain might be gone but that purple spot is nagging at him.

Stuff
Sad for Joe. Frustrating for all.

When are we going to see all that Parker can deliver?

Most of the world cannot see the potential that many of us can see
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/116956115/dereck-chisora-calls-out-joseph-parker-after-emphatic-win
Hopefully this will be made, could now be an even bigger fight with Brit casuals thinking Del is unbeatable. Should increase the purse and they top an event just what Del wanted
No undercards for the AJ/Ruiz fight in Saudi Arabia yet. The Parker/Chisora fight would be a great headliner for the undercard.
making sense and making $$