Joseph Parker
(12-24-2018, 09:26 AM)mippy Wrote: So Higgins knows Whyte won't fight JP again. Names Browne, Fujimosho or Chisora as possible next fights.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2018/12/david-higgins-suggests-dillian-whyte-won-t-fight-joseph-parker-again.amp.html

They should fight Browne in Hamilton, in feburary on sevens weekend
Agree, Browne is the right fight to make. Then Breazeale - revenge Izu loss, move up the WBC rankings (Breazeale #4, Parker #5), then aim to get the WBC to force a rematch between Parker and Whyte @ #1.
(12-24-2018, 10:29 AM)Msreef Wrote: Agree, Browne is the right fight to make. Then Breazeale - revenge Izu loss, move up the WBC rankings (Breazeale #4, Parker #5), then aim to get the WBC to force a rematch between Parker and Whyte @ #1.

All good opponents. What about going across the alphabets and fighting Miller, Jennings, or that fool Bryan? All top 5, and Mr Higgins said he wants to fight in the US. Plus, like others have said, that UK door is closed for now.
Miller is high risk low reward, risky fight for Parker. Jennings is not ranked high anywhere I don't think. From what I can see, Parker is only ranked in the WBC, so that's the route he should target. I can't see Whyte or Joshua giving him a rematch anytime soon, willingly anyway.
Jennings is ranked WBO #2. Yes, Miller is a high risk fight. But beating Miller, and KO'ing him, IS a high reward. Parker is in a position where he can't be so choosy, as they are ALL high risk now.

I do like your choice of opponents better. Easier for Parker. But harden up Parker. Time to see what you're made of in the good ole US of A.
(12-24-2018, 11:01 AM)Msreef Wrote: Miller is high risk low reward, risky fight for Parker. Jennings is not ranked high anywhere I don't think. From what I can see, Parker is only ranked in the WBC, so that's the route he should target. I can't see Whyte or Joshua giving him a rematch anytime soon, willingly anyway.

Honestly I don't think Joshua would be concerned at a parker rematch, it was a tepid affair which he won fairly straightforward  but the issue would be it's financial viability.

I don't think Whyte would want a rematch though.
(12-24-2018, 11:29 AM)Infern0 Wrote:
(12-24-2018, 11:01 AM)Msreef Wrote: Miller is high risk low reward, risky fight for Parker. Jennings is not ranked high anywhere I don't think. From what I can see, Parker is only ranked in the WBC, so that's the route he should target. I can't see Whyte or Joshua giving him a rematch anytime soon, willingly anyway.

Honestly I don't think Joshua would be concerned at a parker rematch, it was a tepid affair which he won fairly straightforward  but the issue would be it's financial viability.

I don't think Whyte would want a rematch though.

those guys mucking breazeale are all signed to big promoters. so until joe signs with one he won't get them.   and id say that is a very complex situation with Bob arum have his usa tv rights. 
UK is now the home of big boxing

USA is not - and may never be again

Joe is still big in the UK. That is where the focus needs to be
Hearn could make a decent fight with Delboy if JP wants to go there. Not sure how JP would cope with Del's relentless go forward pressure style, but he will have decent speed advantage
There are better matchups out there - surely.