Joseph Parker
I liked it showed JP fairly switched on -great relationship with Higgins and Barry.
Maybe too relaxed though... A doco with Wilder or AJ would probably show some heated moments or anger which shows motivation /will to win.
But that's just me. I feel maybe Joe has become mature (which is great) but possibly a little comfortable?
Just my 2c worth
(07-03-2018, 02:51 PM)bart Wrote: I liked it showed JP fairly switched on -great relationship with Higgins and Barry.
Maybe too relaxed though... A doco with Wilder or AJ would probably show some heated moments or anger which shows motivation /will to win.
But that's just me. I feel maybe Joe has become mature (which is great) but possibly a little comfortable?
Just my 2c worth

Hopefully his first loss changed that mindset...if it was there.
Good doco - I’m glad that team Parker are kind of honest in their self assessment and not taking things to seriously. They are amateur cum pro and have taken it in their stride. There’s a lot to be said about family, loyalty etc and they have already had great success.

I do wonder though what kind of performance a world class team like K2 or AJ Boxing would get out of our humble island boy......

I liked the highlights of the fight- man joe took some heavy shots- some of Joshua’s best work

Joe had to take confidence away from this - his swarming was effective and but combination punching lacking in accuracy - he needed to work that mid range offence but had none of the advantages of height or reach.

Joshua’s body language at the end said it all - relief - job done onto the next one.
(07-03-2018, 12:56 PM)diehard Wrote: NakiFan:  Did you like the doco?

Yes and no. 

No because at the end, Joseph said he now knows what is expected of him regarding diet and training at the top level post AJ loss.....that stuff should had been sorted a LONG time ago.

The rest was a good insight into the day-today stuff without too much that hadn't been shown on IFL or via Duco.
The one takeaway from that doco was that Joe is a much more funny and engaging person than he seems to be in interviews
yeah Joe came across well and so did Higgins to me, laughed at his own mistakes trying to outwit Hearn with pre-planned comebacks that bombed... at least he doesn't take himself too serious and seems to really have JP interests to the forefront.
One concern is the number of BOYS he has with him- probably all paid for... JP obviously loves them hanging but entourage usually comes with bills.
I just really would like to see signs of killer instinct and mongrel.... he does mention it but his actions don't really show this.
He will need it v Dillian whyte
(07-03-2018, 06:13 PM)NakiFan Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 12:56 PM)diehard Wrote: NakiFan:  Did you like the doco?

Yes and no. 

No because at the end, Joseph said he now knows what is expected of him regarding diet and training at the top level post AJ loss.....that stuff should had been sorted a LONG time ago.

The rest was a good insight into the day-today stuff without too much that hadn't been shown on IFL or via Duco.

As they say in the NRL you have to lose a grand final before you can win one.
It's great for us fans to see a doco and the money this doco would have made if Jo won but its such a side distraction. I guess it was another learning curve having a dock made. For me it just gave us more of an inside view and showed that Jo really is a good guy with a tight team. He definitely learnt from the AJ fight and it will be interesting to see how he performs against Dilllian!!!. Jo still has some major weaknesses in his training and I can see that they are addressing the issues with some new training methods. I just hope Jo has been working on his power!!
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12083722
(07-05-2018, 08:39 PM)diehard Wrote: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12083722

Good article.

SatteliteTV is on life support. Sky need to move to a streaming platform