Fury vs Wilder
Wilder: I don’t know how he got up

By Miguel Maravilla

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay “The Bronze Bomber” Wilder (40-0-1, 39 KOs) talked about his fight against former champ Tyson “Gypsy King” Fury (27-0-1, 19 KOs) on Saturday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Two late knockdowns allowed Wilder to salvage a draw and retain the world title.

“What an amazing fight,” said Wilder. “We knew Tyson could box. I got out of the plan. I tried to knock him out, but this fight lived up to the expectations. I take nothing away from the fight. We both go home as winners. I’m happy with my performance.”
It looked like Wilder might have scored a twelfth round knockout when Fury laid motionless on the canvas for at least five seconds before somehow beating the count.

“I don’t know how he got up,” said Wilder. “Fury was laid out and I take nothing away from him. I really wanted to knock him out for the fans. I feel with the two knockdowns it should’ve put me on top.”

With the draw, it looks like the potential unification showdown with WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs) might have to wait until after a Wilder-Fury rematch.

“In a rematch he will be more easier to hit and I will be more patient,” said Wilder. “I have always wanted to face all the champions. I would love to fight Joshua. That’s no secret, but those guys have other plans. I would love to fight a rematch and a fight with Joshua. I’m in a win/win situation,” Wilder said

“At this point we don’t know what’s next. The stronger fight is the rematch with Fury,” Wilder’s advisor Shelly Finkel said. “Deontay will fight anyone.”
Chisora on his day gives anyone problems- when not his day he could lose to Helenius level fighters
Wilder was the big winner in this fight. He's been having trouble making any big money in his title fights. Maybe $2 million tops. If he rematches Fury in the UK, he'll be making $10 million plus, thanks to the draw. If Wilder beat Fury, no one would want to see Wilder in the UK. Same if Fury won. But a draw and rematch? $$$

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/109042100/high-stakes-and-a-holy-hand-get-tyson-fury-off-the-canvas-in-the-12th-round
Fury in the dressing room before the fight:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12170374
Yep they will sell out Cardiff or Wembly 90,000 each walk away with 10-15mil makes cents
Eddie Hearn was hoping the fight would be a stinker and AJ would still be looked at as the major HW No1 he looks like No3 now
Can't understand how anyone thinks Wilder won that.

It was a low volume fight but Fury was still out landing him. He was also making it really obvious that Wilder was missing.

Clean punching, effective aggression and ring general ship

Fury dominated all 3 aside from the knockdowns.

I don't have an issue with anyone who had it 116-110 Fury, the best I can give Wilder is 114-112 but that's if I'm being really generous.

Any closers than that is giving Wilder rounds he clearly lost Imo

Let's also not forget that wasn't even a 100% Fury, he was way fatter than in his best run period.
Maybe they should reward the fighter a 10-8 round who gets up from the knockdown. No way that Fury won 8 rounds and Wilder only 4, which would equal a draw.

I had a similar worry when Hughie/Parker went to the cards. Parker was more active, but Hughie had the better defense and movement. I thought: "this could possibly go to Fury."

BTW, I wanted Fury to win. He would come alive at the end of each round. I just felt that Wilder controlled the fight and landed the harder punches. Sounds like I'm in the minority. Nothing new there. I thought Manny beat Mayweather.
anyone that gave Wilder more than 3 rounds in that fight isnt watching boxing correctly. I gave him the two he knocked Tyson down in and at a push maybe round 1 was tight
Wilder couldnt put a combination together until 12 and even then when Fury got up he controlled the rest of the round
Dont compare it to Hughie Parker because Tyson wasnt running and landed telling punches on Deontay
The majority of boxing pundits gave it to Fury which was telling
well don't take it heart Die 2 of the judges saw the fight completely different to one another
(12-03-2018, 06:22 PM)bart Wrote: well don't take it heart Die 2 of the judges saw the fight completely different to one another

Nah, I always respect my betters. Truth be told, 2 out of 3 judges disagree with me and Ike.