Fury vs Wilder
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/109131567/referee-jack-reiss-explains-tyson-furys-amazing-12th-round-recovery-against-deontay-wilder
Wilder v Fury II: WBC sanctions 'direct' rematch

The WBC has sanctioned a "direct rematch" between heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.

Britain's Fury and American Wilder shared a controversial and thrilling draw in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Fury's promoter Frank Warren said both parties want a rematch and his fighter is pushing for it to be in the UK.

The WBC said in a statement there was a "unanimous agreement" to sanction a rematch in a meeting of the board of governors.

"Wilder and Fury gave boxing one of the best fights in the heavyweight division in a long time, which has created tremendous popular demand for the fans to see a rematch," it said.

"The WBC is happy to confirm a direct rematch has been approved."

Wilder's mandatory challenger is Dominic Breazeale but this decision by the WBC clears the way for him to fight Fury again next without being stripped of his belt.

Although Fury was knocked down in the ninth and 12th rounds, many observers thought the 30-year-old Briton should have won the bout, which was scored 115-111 for Wilder, 114-112 for Fury and 113-113.
Yeah great aye. I’m hearing uysk vs aj in April as well.
Surely Uysk won't srep in with AJ first time at heavyweight?
RJJ did it v Riuz but AJ diff kettle of fish.
If he does I admire his confidence but would like to see him take on some lesser biggies first.
Still he is exceptional and may feel its his time/peak now.
(12-08-2018, 08:02 PM)bart Wrote: Surely Uysk won't srep in with AJ first time at heavyweight?
If he does I admire his confidence but would like to see him take on some lesser biggies first.

Yeah I’d love to see him at 102 kg slowly over the next year then fight AJ with a few top heavies along the way. But I hear this is possible on the internal grapevine
Gvozdyk vs Uysk anyone???
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/tyson-fury-already-back-in-the-gym-training-for-spring-rematch-with-deontay-wilder/105490
(12-08-2018, 08:02 PM)bart Wrote: Surely Uysk won't srep in with AJ first time at heavyweight?

Maybe Usyk thinks AJ will only get better after fighting Fury/Wilder?
Maybe he thinks, after JP seeing AJ off without damage (not getting knocked down, or even in trouble), that he has better movement than JP (highly likely)? 
AJ might have problems with fleet-footed fighters, and Usyk might think he can cause the stiff robot problems?
Maybe at 31, he feels like he has to go for it?
Maybe (every time you look at his eyes when he's talking) he's bat-shit-crazy?

The guy is a machine, no doubt, and he can be very hard to hit (when he wants to be). He also has a pretty good chin by the look of it. I think Usyk would be favourite at heavyweight against anyone but Fury and AJ. Fury (my No. 1) a firm favourite because of his size and movement. Even then, Usyk is so slick, I can't see how those 2 would hit him.

I've put it in writing now, so I'm guessing I, like everybody, can't wait to see how it plays out.

Great to see the heavyweight division on fire!

But on the original thread..
Fury hands it to DW in the 2nd fight, although it could be similar to the first, and may depend where it is.

Al Haymon has promoted some pretty amazing cards in recent years.
That fight where Breazeale got one judge giving 100-90 over Kassi, when I thought it might be a win for Kassi, or a controversial draw or 1 point the other way, was one of the better ones.
Kassi is a good gatekeeper, but no more, and he made Brezeale look like the cumbersome, limited boxer he is (which AJ later proved), but that scorecard was ridiculous.
I saw some rounds where Kassi hit Breazeale at least 3-1
Haymon then used Breazeale to keep Whyte (rightful mandatory) away from Wilder, which is good business, but you are reminded of how dodgy professional boxing is.

You see on other sites, many people saying WBC stands for "We Be Crooks" and it's hard to argue. They just want the most cash they can generate (Good business practice, but self regulated, which always leads to corruption).

If Fury doesn't get the fight in the UK, it could be one of the most amazing robberies in boxing history.
(12-10-2018, 07:50 PM)gothenaki Wrote:

Maybe Usyk thinks AJ will only get better after fighting Fury/Wilder?
Maybe he thinks, after JP seeing AJ off without damage (not getting knocked down, or even in trouble), that he has better movement than JP (highly likely)? 
AJ might have problems with fleet-footed fighters, and Usyk might think he can cause the stiff robot problems?
Maybe at 31, he feels like he has to go for it?
Maybe (every time you look at his eyes when he's talking) he's bat-shit-crazy?

The guy is a machine, no doubt, and he can be very hard to hit (when he wants to be). He also has a pretty good chin by the look of it. I think Usyk would be favourite at heavyweight against anyone but Fury and AJ. Fury (my No. 1) a firm favourite because of his size and movement. Even then, Usyk is so slick, I can't see how those 2 would hit him.

I've put it in writing now, so I'm guessing I, like everybody, can't wait to see how it plays out.

Great to see the heavyweight division on fire!

But on the original thread..
Fury hands it to DW in the 2nd fight, although it could be similar to the first, and may depend where it is.

Al Haymon has promoted some pretty amazing cards in recent years.
That fight where Breazeale got one judge giving 100-90 over Kassi, when I thought it might be a win for Kassi, or a controversial draw or 1 point the other way, was one of the better ones.
Kassi is a good gatekeeper, but no more, and he made Brezeale look like the cumbersome, limited boxer he is (which AJ later proved), but that scorecard was ridiculous.
I saw some rounds where Kassi hit Breazeale at least 3-1
Haymon then used Breazeale to keep Whyte (rightful mandatory) away from Wilder, which is good business, but you are reminded of how dodgy professional boxing is.

You see on other sites, many people saying WBC stands for "We Be Crooks" and it's hard to argue. They just want the most cash they can generate (Good business practice, but self regulated, which always leads to corruption).

If Fury doesn't get the fight in the UK, it could be one of the most amazing robberies in boxing history.

Usyk gets hit

Bellew was able to land on him fairly easily and he's not quick. He's smaller than AJ/Fury/Wilder but he's definatley slower than Wilder and Fury, and him and AJ is a toss up.

It's one thing taking the odd shot off Bredis, but Wilder can put you out with one shot, and as AJ showed against povetkin even if you have a very good chin, one punch there = the beginning of the end.

I think Usyk takes the payday fight against AJ because there's a few heavyweights like Jarell Miller who i think would actually beat him, cruiserweight is a bum division and if heavyweight was as bad as it's made out all these cruiserweights would be fighting there.
Cruiserweight division is a bum division, hmmm.... Do you know anything about boxing?