GGG vs Canelo Rematch
Fight is happening in a month's time.  Who wins, and why?
Golovkin reveals he MOVED ON from Canelo, had AGREED Saunders fight until Golden Boy u-turn
http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018081525241/news/golovkin-reveals-he-moved-on-from-canelo-had-agreed-saunders-fight-until-golden-boy-u-turn
There has been a lot of animosity between the 2 fighters in the build up to this one and I get the feeling a lot of it is genuine rather than just the usual smack talk to hype up an event. After the controversial outcome of the first fight with it's judging dramas this one pretty much promotes itself, even more so given the subsequent 6 month suspension of Canelo after testing positive for clenbuterol, which lead to strong condemnation by the usually reserved Golovkin and equally strong denials of guilt from Canelo's camp. Then there were the protracted negotiations to make the rematch happen after Golovkin's demands for a more even financial split this time around. So it has all the ingredients for a great fight, especially if Canelo is true to his word to stand and engage with GGG this time. If that happens then I get the feeling that GGG with his relentless style will eventually wear Canelo down and stop him in the later rounds. Some say Golovkin is past his best but he is always in great physical shape and I still think he has a lot left in the tank, whereas I doubt that Canelo's long lay off since the last fight will have done him any favours. Whatever happens it should be a good one and I can't wait!
As much as I dont want this to happen I think Canelo knocks out Golovkin in mid to late rounds, in the first fight he landed a lot of shots on GGG and I think time may finally have caught up with Gennady.
Canelo willing and ready
By Hesiquio Balderas

Saul Alvarez has been taking his preparation for his tie-breaker fight with Gennady Golovkin very seriously, approaching every detail with responsibility as he always does. Canelo is well known for his discipline, his hard work and his willingness to learn every day in the gym.

“Canelo is focusing in this fight like never before, he’s been doing a tremendous job with Eddy and Chepo Reynoso, he’s been fulfilling his commitment with the media, everything is on schedule,” commented Ramiro Gonzalez PR Director of Golden Boy Promotions to Fightnews.com®.
“Saul knows that every fight now is a huge fight, he knows what’s at stake and this very well could be the fight of the year,” said Gonzalez.

Golden Boy Promotions is the lead promoter in this fight. The promotion for this fight has been at a steady pace and there has been a tremendous buzz and expectation for the second meeting between Canelo and 3G.

“The promotion is at full steam now, everything is working perfectly, the sponsors are doing a great promotion too, the fighters, we have a plan to work with the media, the undercard is one of the biggest in recent history, all action packed fights, now we have the open workout on Sunday. Everything is going well, we expect Canelo vs GGG to be a success,” concluded Gonzalez.

In reality, this is a historic fight. The fight sells by itself with the lineal middleweight championship at stake. This is a fight that the fans demanded, Canelo and Golovkin will give their all on September 15.
This fight will be shown live on Sky Arena PPV from midday Sunday 16 September for $34.95.
(08-26-2018, 12:58 AM)nullanulla Wrote: This fight will be shown live on Sky Arena PPV from midday Sunday 16 September for $34.95.

Gotta do something with your money...
GGG vs Canelo:

https://www.boxing247.com/
(08-26-2018, 12:58 AM)nullanulla Wrote: This fight will be shown live on Sky Arena PPV from midday Sunday 16 September for $34.95.

I'll probably pay that as I'm keen as to watch it but you really wonder how many buys it would do in New Zealand at that price? I would guess sweet fa
Golovkin: I want to punish Canelo

GGG says Canelo’s “not keeping his word. He’s trying to deceive people again, and being dishonest.”
WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin had some choice words about Canelo Alvarez when talking with reporters about their September 15 rematch in Las Vegas.

[On what he wants to accomplish Sept 15] “I want to punish him. I want to have a fight and punish him for all the bad things that he and his team have done, so basically to put them — to size him down and to put him and his team in their place.”

[On Canelo’s ‘running’] “He always has a way of running on the ring, but it was his style. However, what happened on our last fight, he was really avoiding fighting close to me. I think that’s exactly what happened, but what he’s trying to say right now, it just proves that he’s not keeping his word. He’s trying to deceive people again, and being dishonest. But it doesn’t matter what he said. Let him say whatever he wants.”

[On Canelo’s trainer calling him ‘a donkey’] “What I want to say is I don’t want to go so low at the level of statements like that. It just shows a lack of class. It shows low class. It just shows a lack of upbringing, lack of intelligence. It just shows, again, how they behave themselves. I’m never able to say anything so low about anybody. So I just don’t want to comment about this anymore.”