Kovalev vs Alvarez, Live
(08-05-2018, 05:55 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: did Ward take Kovalevs soul in those 2 fights?

Maybe. It seemed that Kovalev's gotten old and his reflexes just weren't there. He always gets hits with counter shots, but he was getting hit alot. AND, his hands were down when he went down the first time. Alvarez hit him with a right hand from the car park, and he never saw it.
hes done at elite level I think, does Alvarez beat Bivol? Im not sure. Credit to Robbie for taking on both those two guys
I didn't think Bivol looked that good, compared to how he's looked in the past. And Alvarez was getting dominated before that huge punch that put Kovalev down. Would be a great fight!
Time for Kovalev to hang them up in my opinion. There was a lot of expectation that he would go on to fight Artur Beterbiev but I would really fear for Kovalev's safety if that fight were to eventuate. Like Diehard said, Kovalev's reflexes look shot and Beterbiev is a destructive puncher. Anyway there should be some real good fights to be made in the division without Sergey. Bivol, Beterbiev and now Alvarez are all in the mix, we just need Adonis Stevenson to step up and fight one of those guys but I can't see it happening, I wouldn't mind betting that he would sooner rematch Badou Jack!