Bowyn Morgan
Having beaten Shaye Brock, Gunnar Jackson (twice) and knocking out Steve Ferdinandas (the only blemish on Cairo Georges ledger) he's easily NZ's best Welterweight. Stopped a few years back in his only defeat to former commonwealth champion Aussie Kris George (despite flooring him in the first round), how far can Morgan go?
KRIS GEORGE REMATCH
Tim Tzsyu fighting Fernandus next month.
Morgans pencilled in to fight Aussie Tommy Browne http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/105684 next month (19th) in Sydney.
(07-06-2018, 12:23 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Morgans pencilled in to fight Aussie Tommy Browne http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/105684 next month (19th) in Sydney.

If thats the case, then itll be do or die for Bowyn. A loss will see him back fighting club level nzers. A win could set him up for a commonwealth title shot. Tommy Browne is a winnable fight, but I always get nervous when a kiwi 'national champ' steps out of the national scene and takes on an international gatekeeper. Browne's record is pretty padded. To put it into perspective; I'd say Kris George would knock Browne out fairly convincingly, and Bowyn was able to drop and hurt George. Unfortunately he was pretty callous in that fight.
Apparently it hasn't been signed off but Browne's original opponent Ghanaian Ebonezer Lamptey is no longer available its a Sunday arvo show for some shitty UBO/UBF titles. Nice fight IF it comes off.
(07-06-2018, 12:46 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Apparently it hasn't been signed off but Browne's original opponent Ghanaian Ebonezer Lamptey is no longer available its a Sunday arvo show for some shitty UBO/UBF titles. Nice fight IF it comes off.

Good step up for bowyn, but if he cant put a 35yr old coming off a clean knockout loss to a 43yr old mundine then hed be mightily dissapointed. Watching the Brock/morgan fight - morgan got hit easily a lot.
Mundine is proven world class even at 43. Agree with you about Morgan getting tagged a lot. Good amateur pedigree and plenty of pro fights, his defence is a definite flaw and at 29 its probably too late to change.
I wouldn’t mind seeing Bowyn Morgan v Cairo George but I don’t think it ever happens. Saw an interview in gladrap channel recently though where Cairo was asked about a potential fight with Bowyn and he said he would be the Matador and Bowyn would be the bull...
I don't see that fight happening either, George has signed a deal where as he's fighting for Scott Fallons ringstar promotions in Singapore, fighting once/twice a year in The Asian country. That and he'll just get by selling out locally in Waikato and continuing as a PT. I think Morgan has a lot more ambition. I like Cairo George though, he puts everything into his fights, so would be a great, and well overdue match up.